To mitigate the risks associated with redemptions, as well as to provide additional capital for the continuing public company, most de-SPAC transactions are now accompanied by a PIPE transaction. Marketing the PIPE transaction to potential investors alongside the de-SPACing also may be part of the overall investor outreach. As an alternative to a PIPE transaction, other financing alternatives include forward purchase transactions and private placements with the SPAC sponsor affiliates.
Panelists from Hennessy Capital Acquisition Corp., ICR, Stifel and Mayer Brown will discuss:
- The SPAC IPO market, announced notable de-SPAC transactions, and the M&A pipeline
- The de-SPAC process
- Coordinating a financing in conjunction with the de-SPACing process
- PIPE transactions in connection with SPACs and market trends
- Special structuring and legal considerations
- Documentation and timing issues
- Alternatives to PIPE transactions
- Craig DeDomenico, Stifel, Nicolaus & Company
- Don Duffy, ICR Strategic Communications & Advisory
- Daniel J. Hennessy, Hennessy Capital Acquisition Corp. IV
- Steve Parish, ICR Strategic Communications & Advisory
- Anna Pinedo, Mayer Brown LLP
Access the recorded replay of this webinar event.