This session will explore the processes and steps necessary to complete an examination including negotiation tips, alternative resolution tools, how to manage the statute of limitations and when settling may not be the best approach.
- To understand the conclusion of an examination up to and including the issuance of the Revenue Agent’s Report (“RAR”).
- To understand the tools, negotiation tactics, and programs available to assist in concluding examinations including the decision not to settle with the Service.
- Natalie West, Director Tax Controversies, Boston Scientific Corporation
- Margie Margolies, Partner, Mayer Brown
- Chuck Hodges, Partner, Jones Day
- Jean Pawlow, Partner, Latham & Watkins
2:15 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. EDT
1:15 p.m. – 2:15 p.m. CDT
12:15 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. MDT
11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. PDT
7:15 p.m. – 8:15 p.m. BST
8:15 p.m. – 9:15 p.m. CEST
For additional information on the webinar, please contact Tiffany McCormick at [email protected] or +1 312 701 8060.
Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
Program Level: Overview
Field of Study: Taxes
CPE Credits Available: 1 CPE credit based on a 50-minute hour.
Fees: There is no fee for this webinar. To be awarded CPE credit for this session, you must respond to three out of four polling questions asked during the program.
Cancellation – To cancel your registration, please email Tiffany McCormick at [email protected].
Tax Executives Institute, Inc. TEI Education Fund is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.
For questions on CPE certificates, please email [email protected]. Please allow two weeks from the completion of the webinar for certificate delivery before contacting us.