Please join McCarthy Tetrault and Mayer Brown for this webinar on Canadian Bail-in and TLAC Requirements. During this session, we will address the Canadian federal rules relating to Bank Recapitalization (Bail-in) Conversion Regulations and Total Loss Absorbing Capacity (TLAC). Since the rules came into effect in September 2018, these rules have a significant impact on how the major Canadian banks (D-SIBs and now one G-SIB) offer debt securities in Canada, the United States and elsewhere. In particular, the speakers will address:
- An overview of the regulatory framework and capital requirements;
- How the framework differs from that in Europe and from the TLAC requirements in the United States;
- Securities and instruments excluded from bail-in and ineligible for TLAC;
- Changes to offering documents, program agreements, indentures and legal opinions;
- Issuance trends and what to expect;
- The impact on structured note offerings; and
- The process for compensating debtholders.
- Anna Pinedo, Mayer Brown LLP
- Andrew Parker, McCarthy Tetrault LLP
- Wendi Locke, McCarthy Tetrault LLP
CLE credit is pending.
For additional information or to register, please visit the event website.