Sandy Zhang is a senior legal manager of Mayer Brown Banking & Finance practice. Sandy has more than 17 years legal working experience including two years working experience with Central Chambers Law Corporation in Singapore and one year secondment to Mayer Brown LLP's New York office. She acts for banks and other financial institutions on ship and container finance and leasing transactions, and for shipowners in relation to financing and refinancing of vessels and containers, sale and purchase of vessels and containers and registration of ships. She advises on shipbuilding contracts, refund guarantees, PRC foreign exchange issues and financing structures. She is experienced in drafting term sheets, loan, leasing and security documents, management agreements and chartering documents. Sandy also advises on commercial and corporate matters. She has experience with drafting and negotiation of commercial documentation, and mergers and acquisitions. During her secondment at Mayer Brown New York office, she advises on financial institutions in US and cross-border financings, with a particular focus on secured transactions and international project finance and providing transactional counsel to corporate borrowers and to financial advisors and representing US and non-US parties in domestic and cross-border loan financings. She resides in Hong Kong.
- Represented Bank of China Limited in connection with a secured term loan facility to finance the acquisition of 2 bulk carriers.
- Represented China Development Bank Corporation in connection with its finance lease of 9 vessels with ICBC Financial Leasing Co. Ltd.
- Represented China Development Bank Corporation in connection with finance lease of one cruise ship with ICBC Financial Leasing Co. Ltd.
- Represented China Development Bank Corporation in connection with a secured term loan facility of up to US$246 million to finance the acquisition of 3 VLCCs.
- Represented China Development Bank Corporation in connection with a secured term loan facility of up to US$113.4 million to refinance the acquisition costs of 2 VLCCs.
- Represented China Development Bank Corporation in connection with a secured term loan facility of up to US$151.68 million to finance the acquisition costs of 2 VLCCs.
- Represented China Development Bank Corporation in connection with financing of 30 bulk carriers for China Ship Fund.
- Represented Industrial and Commercial Bank of China in connection with 4 secured term loan facilities of up to US$54 million each and 4 secured term loan facilities of up to US$40 million each to finance the acquisition of 8 new bulk carriers by Hebei Ocean Shipping Co., Ltd.
- Represented NATIXIS, Shanghai Branch in connection with two secured term loan facilities of up to RMB105.7 million and RMB52.85 million respectively to finance the acquisition of 3 bulk cargo carriers by Shanghai Puyuan Shipping Co., Ltd.
- Represented BNP Paribas, Credit Agricole, Nordea Bank, DnB NOR Bank, Bank of China (Hong Kong) Limited in relation to both syndicated and bilateral loan transactions.
- Represented a Chinese client on the issuance of commercial paper in the U.S.
- Represented U.S. banks in conducting legal due diligence review on securitisation transactions.
- Represented a PRC client on inaugural $600 million letter of credit backed US commercial paper program.
- Involved in advising global financial markets association on their comment letter on the proposed revisions to the Basel Securitisation Framework.
- Represented Cross Country Automotive Services in the acquisition of a PRC company.
- Represented Global Sources in the acquisition of assets in a PRC technology company.
- Represented PKL / Sansar / IET in setting up WFOEs in the PRC, advising on corporate related issues.
Durham University, LLM
Dalian Maritime University, PRC, LLB
- Recommended - Asset Finance, Hong Kong – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2023, 2024)