Infrastructure Investment, Corporate & Securities, Mergers & Acquisitions
Débora H. Yanasse is a partner in the Global Energy, Corporate and Mergers & Acquisitions Practices of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown with a focus in the power, gas and, more recently, hydrogen industries. Since 2002, Débora has advised both domestic Brazilian and international clients in these industries on transactions and projects in Brazil, Africa and the Middle East. Débora advises on regulatory, contractual and corporate matters and has served as counsel for large and complex infrastructure projects in the structuring, implementation and operational phases, and in mergers and acquisitions, privatizations and auctions.
- Representing a multinational energy company in a subordinated financing of a BRL 5 billion gas thermo power project associated with a port infrastructure for importation and regasification of GNL in the State of Sergipe.
- Representing a solar power generation company in drafting and negotiating several equipment supply agreements in connection with large-scale solar power generation projects in the State of Bahia and Ceará.
- Representing an alumina multinational company in the structuring and development of a project consisting in the importation and regasification of LNG, in partnership with a multinational oil and gas company, for consumption in a refinery and a thermo power plant.
- Representing a construction multinational company in the renegotiation of an EPC Contract related to an FPSO of Petróleo Brasileiro S.A. – Petrobras.
- Ranked as “Band 4” for Energy & Natural Resources: Power in Chambers Global
- Ranked as “Up and Coming” for Energy & Natural Resources: Power in Chambers Brazil
- Ranked as “Highly Recommended” for Power Law in Leaders League
- Ranked as a "New Generation Partner" for Electricity and Renewables in Legal 500
- “The energy team is excellent. In particular, Débora Yanasse is agile, business oriented and knows the energy market well. We had highly complex projects and their technical support was fundamental for the delivery of these deals.” – Legal 500
- Georgetown University Law Center, LLM
- Faculdade de Direito da Universidade de São Paulo, Law degree (JD equivalent)
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member, Brazilian Institute for Studies of Energy Law (IBDE)
- Member, Electric Energy Special Committee of OAB/RJ (CEELE)
- Lecturer on the Brazilian Regulatory and Tax Framework to the Development of Renewable Power Projects in the Solar Power Generation Summit 2014
- Author, Client Updates and Newsletters on Power Regulation available at www.tauilechequer.com.br