Raymond Xie is an associate of Mayer Brown. Raymond has experience in commercial litigation and international arbitration. He has assisted in advising and representing banks, financial institutions, corporations as well as Mainland China enterprises in shareholders’ disputes, contractual disputes, bankruptcy and liquidation proceedings, enforcement proceedings and cross-border regulatory matters, and has a focus on PRC-related corporate and commercial disputes.
Raymond has also spent six months on secondment at the firm’s London office and another six months at a leading international bank. He speaks English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Acted for a Taiwan listed company in a commercial arbitration in Hong Kong with an aggregate claim amount of over US$110 million.
- Acted for a property developer in enforcement proceedings in Hong Kong to resist the enforcement of a CIETAC arbitral award in relation to a property development project in the PRC, and also advised in related proceedings and arbitrations in Hong Kong and the PRC.
- Acted for a Macau company in a dispute over a joint venture in the PRC and an investment project in the USA before the Court of Final Appeal in Hong Kong.
- Advised a leading technology firm in a breach of confidence claim in Hong Kong where infringement acts happened in the PRC.
- Advised a Hong Kong listed company in liquidation proceedings regarding a PRC joint venture and related litigations and arbitrations.
- Represented a UK bank to deal with the criminal investigations of the PRC Public Security Bureau and the PRC People’s Procuratorate of the Hunan province.
- Advised a leading international bank in a global investigation arising out of a deferred prosecution agreement.
- Acted for various clients in SFC investigations.
The University of Hong Kong, PCLL
The Chinese University of Hong Kong, JD
Sun Yat-sen University, LLB
- Hong Kong