Eugene Wong is a partner in the Real Estate practice in Mayer Brown's Hong Kong office. Eugene represents corporations, private equity and venture capital investors and investment managers in a wide range of real estate, corporate and commercial matters. His experience includes domestic and cross-border mergers, acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures, strategic alliances and corporate restructurings, with particular emphasis on the real estate sector. He also advises on real estate financing transactions and sale of first-hand properties (including residential, office, commercial, industrial and other mixed-use composite developments).
Eugene is a Notary Public in Hong Kong. Eugene speaks English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Advised Kerry Holdings Limited on its HK$13.5 billion acquisition of the investment vehicles which own the whole or part(s) of 9 warehouses in Hong Kong.
- Advised a consortium led by Billion Development and Project Management Limited in its HK$10.48 billion acquisition of an investment vehicle which owns “Kowloonbay International Trade & Exhibition Centre” at 1 Trademart Drive, Kowloon, Hong Kong. This was the largest single-block office tower transaction by deal size in Hong Kong in 2021.
- Advised SEA Holdings on the HK$10 billion (or approx. £926 million) disposal of Dah Sing Financial Centre, a 38-storey commercial and office building in Hong Kong. The selling price marks the second highest ever in Hong Kong for an office building.
- Advised a consortium of investors advised and managed by Gaw Capital Partners on the US$938 million purchase of InterContinental Hong Kong, an iconic 5-star hotel in Hong Kong.
- Advised a consortium of investors on the HK$7.5 billion acquisition of an investment vehicle which indirectly owns OCTA Tower, 8 Lam Chak Street, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- Advised China Overseas Land & Investment Ltd. on its disposal for over HK$5.3 billion of China Overseas Building on 139 Hennessy Road and 138 Lockhart Road and Hoover Tower V on 8 St. Francis Yard both in Wanchai. The disposals constituted two connected transactions for our client under the Listing Rules in Hong Kong.
- Advised CSI Properties Limited on the HK$2 billion disposal of the holding company of the properties located at 3, 4, 5 and 6 Glenealy, Hong Kong and the related joint venture arrangements with subsidiaries of PCCW Limited and Pacific Century Premium Developments Limited.
- Advised a fund on its HK$1.9 billion acquisition of an investment vehicle which indirectly owns the property located at 69 Jervois Street, Hong Kong.
- Advised H Development Holdings Limited on its HK$1.7 billion acquisition of J Plus Hotel by YOO on 1 Irvine Street, Causeway Bay, consisting of 53 rooms and a restaurant together with a portfolio of commercial properties in Causeway Bay.
- Advised Phoenix Property Investors in its acquisition of an investment vehicle which owns an office and retail complex on Kwun Tong Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong, for a consideration of approx. HK$1.38 billion, and its subsequent disposal for a consideration of approx. HK$1.99 billion.
- Advised Hines on its HK$925 million acquisition of the investment vehicle which owns the hotel “Butterfly on Prat” at 21/23 Prat Avenue, Kowloon, Hong Kong and the related shareholders as well as leasing arrangements.
- Advised a subsidiary of investment funds managed by a leading global investment company and alternative asset manager on its HK$486 million acquisition of an investment vehicle which indirectly owns an industrial building known as “New Media Tower” at 82 Hung To Road, Hong Kong.
- Advised a subsidiary of investment funds managed by a leading global investment company and alternative asset manager on its HK$283 million acquisition of an investment vehicle which owns an industrial building known as “Yip’s Chemical Building” at 13 Yip Cheong Street, Hong Kong.
- Advised China Life Frontier Private Investment Fund, L.P. in its HK$130 million acquisition of 50% interest in an investment vehicle which indirectly owns an industrial property known as “West Castle” at 22 Yip Shing Street, Hong Kong, the formation of joint venture and the related project management arrangement.
- Advised a fund on its HK$892 million acquisition of parts of Ground, First and Second Floors of Tonnochy Towers, 250, 252, 256-270 and 274 Jaffe Road, 5 Tonnochy Road and 4 Stewart Road, Hong Kong.
- Advised Hanison Construction Holdings Limited on its HK$489 million acquisition of the property known as Hay Nien Building located at 1 Tai Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon and its subsequent disposal for a consideration of approx. HK$628 million.
- Advised Hanison Construction Holdings Limited on its HK$710 million disposal of the company that owns certain pieces of land in Demarcation District 129 in Yuen Long, New Territories, Hong Kong.
- Advised the partners of Davis Langdon & Seah, the leading cost/project management and quantity surveying consultancy in Asia, on its merger with Arcadis N.V., the international consultancy, design, engineering and management services company. Davis Langdon & Seah is the oldest and largest cost and project consultancy in Asia, with more than 2,800 employees in 37 offices across the region.
The University of Hong Kong, PCLL
The University of Hong Kong, LLB
- England and Wales
- Hong Kong
- LMG Rising Star – Expert Guides (2015-2017)
- Associate to watch - Corporate/M&A: Hong Kong-based – Chambers Asia Pacific (2013)