Jason Wagenmaker focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions and general corporate counseling and representation. He represents buyers and sellers in connection with stock and asset acquisitions and divestitures, public and private mergers, joint ventures and similar transactions. He has represented U.S. and multinational clients, both publicly and privately held, in a variety of industries. The Legal 500 US 2019 noted that "Jason continues to impress among the next generation of partners." In 2016, Jason was named a "Client Service All-Star" by BTI Consulting and was also named by Leading Lawyers as an Emerging Lawyer in the area of Mergers & Acquisitions.
- Represented First State Investments, a leading global investor in infrastructure, in its agreement with SteelRiver Infrastructure Partners, to acquire 100 percent of the equity of Patriot Rail and Ports, which operates a portfolio of 12 short line freight railroads with more than 585 track miles across 14 states in the US.
- Represented RailUSA in the acquisition of Florida Gulf & Atlantic Railroad, a 430-mile rail line, and related real estate from CSX Corporation.
- Represented a leading steel producer in its $810 million divestment of its Sparrows Point, Maryland facility, a fully-integrated steel mill with a short line railroad and deep-water port, to OAO Severstal.
- Represented The Dow Chemical Company in its $184 million sale of its global sodium borohydride business to Vertellus Specialties Inc., a manufacturer and supplier of specialty chemical products.
- Represented The Dow Chemical Company in the $1.2 billion sale of ANGUS Chemical Company to Golden Gate Capital for $1.2 billion.
- Represented The Dow Chemical Company in connection with the sale of its tin stabilizer business to PMC.
- Represented Macquarie Group in the sale of US-based Macquarie Equipment Finance LLC, a provider of lease financing, asset management solutions, and remarketing of technology, healthcare, and capital equipment, to Huntington Bancshares Inc.
- Represented Prologis in its $5.9 billion acquisition of the real estate assets and operating platform of KTR Capital Partners and its affiliates. The real estate assets will be acquired by Prologis U.S. Logistics Venture, a 55-45 consolidated joint venture with Norges Bank Investment Management, manager of the Norwegian Government Pension Fund Global.
- Represented a worldwide steel company, as special counsel, in its agreement with Nippon Steel and Sumitomo Metal Corporation to form a joint venture at the closing of their $1.55 billion acquisition of a state-of-the-art steel processing plant located in Calvert, Alabama, from ThyssenKrupp AG.
- Represented two worldwide steel and mining companies in the sale of their respective 50 percent interests in Gallatin Steel Company, a manufacturer of hot rolled steel coils, to Nucor Corporation for $770 million.
- Represented Caterpillar, Inc. in multiple sales and divestitures throughout the world of the mining equipment distribution and support business operated by its subsidiary, Bucyrus International, Inc. following on Caterpillar’s $8.6 billion acquisition of Bucyrus in November 2010.
Indiana University School of Law, JD, summa cum laudeOrder of the CoifManaging Editor, Indiana Law Journal
Rhodes College, BA, summa cum laudePhi Beta Kappa