Konstantin von Werder is a counsel in the Intellectual Property practice of Mayer Brown´s Frankfurt office. He focuses on trademark and unfair competition law (UWG). He has extensive experience and expertise as a litigator and advises clients in legal disputes (warning letters, preliminary injunctions, actions on the merits). Konstantin also coordinates the infringement proceedings for his clients abroad. Furthermore, he advises national and international clients on patent, design and copyright law. Moreover, he has particular expertise and experience in drafting complex license and distribution agreements and in providing advice on research and development agreements. His clients include companies in the pharmaceuticals and automotive industry as well as in the hotel, catering and consumer goods sector.
Konstantin is a lecturer at the University of Düsseldorf and is a Certified Intellectual Property Lawyer (Fachanwalt für Gewerblichen Rechtsschutz). Prior to joining Mayer Brown in 2010 Konstantin worked for a renowned IP law boutique in Frankfurt. He speaks English and Italian in addition to his native German.
Second State Law Examination (bar exam), Düsseldorf, 2005
Legal Clerkship (Referendariat), Düsseldorf, 2003–2005
First State Law Examination, University of Freiburg im Breisgau, 2003
Universities of Berlin, Freiburg and Padua (Italy), 1999-2003
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Deutsche Vereinigung für gewerblichen Rechtsschutz und Urheberrecht (GRUR)
- Lecturer, University of Düsseldorf
- "IP litigator Konstantin von Werder ... has in-depth advertising and marketing knowledge." – WTR 1000 2021
- "von Werder has also taken Discover Financial Services under his wing – often called on as primary counsel for its enforcement and licensing needs." – WTR 1000 2020