Patricia Tubert assists clients in land use, environmental, transportation and municipal law matters. Clients turn to Patty for her extensive experience gained over 30 years working with the City of Los Angeles as the Deputy Executive Director of the Department of Airports of the City of Los Angeles and prior to that as the Chief Assistant City Attorney of the Municipal Branch for the Office of the City Attorney of Los Angeles. Her principal areas of knowledge include governmental regulatory and administrative law, particularly in the areas of land use, project entitlement, environmental compliance, and related matters.
Assisted clients with Environmental Impact Reports pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act in major office, residential and mixed used projects, including representing:
- Millennium Partners with CEQA compliance including preparation of an EIR for entitlements for the famed Capitol Records building in Hollywood. The project will include approximately 1,005 residential units, significant commercial uses, and vast amounts of public and private open spaces.
- AvalonBay Communities with its CEQA compliance including preparation of an EIR for its land use entitlements in Southern California, including with a 475-unit mixed-use project in the Arts District and with its winning proposal to develop a 1,000-unit mixed-use project with residential, commercial, and municipal uses at the West L.A. Civic Center and Courthouse sites in response to a County and City of Los Angeles issued Request for Proposal. The West L.A. project involved the negotiation of an exclusive negotiating agreement and other municipal agreements and obtaining land use entitlements through a dual entitlement process with the County and the City.
- The owners of The Reef/Broadway Square with its CEQA compliance including preparation of an EIR for entitlements for a 10-acre site in downtown Los Angeles, one of the biggest development projects in the City. The project consists of approximately 1,500 residential units, a 200-key hotel, and over 150,000 square feet of commercial uses.
- Townscape Partners with the entitlements for the 8150 Sunset project, designed by the world-renowned architect Frank Gehry. The project includes 229 residential units, including 38 affordable units, and 60,000 square feet of commercial uses on the corner of Sunset Boulevard and Crescent Heights in Los Angeles.
- Mitsui Fudosan America with its CEQA compliance including preparation of an EIR for entitlement of a 50-story mixed-use tower with 580 residential dwelling units and ground floor commercial space in Downtown Los Angeles.
- The Sunset + Wilcox Project property owners (a joint venture between Millennium Partners and Shorenstein Properties) with its CEQA compliance including preparation of an EIR for entitlements for a commercial mixed-use project located at Sunset Boulevard and Wilcox Avenue in Hollywood with approximately 450,000 square feet of office and restaurant uses.
- The GPI Companies with its CEQA compliance including preparation of an EIR for its 6400 Sunset Project, which involves the redevelopment of the famed Amoeba Music site with a 200-unit mixed-use project.
- Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City in its CEQA compliance including preparation of an EIR for the construction of a new 16 story, 400-key hotel building within walking distance of Universal Studios Hollywood.
- Harvard-Westlake School in its CEQA compliance including preparation of an EIR for entitlements for the Harvard-Westlake River Park campus, which involves the redevelopment of the 16-acre Weddington Gold & Tennis property in Studio City along the Los Angeles River, which will offer athletic and recreational opportunities for students and the community.
- Watt Investment Partners with its CEQA compliance through preparation of an EIR for entitlements for the Metro Joint Development Program at the Expo/Crenshaw Station with a 400 unit mixed-use projects.
- The Post Group with all their CEQA compliance through preparations of EIRs for land use entitlements at 1000 Seward and 1250 Vine commercial mixed-use projects with a combined approximate floor area of 400,000 square feet.
- Legendary Investment Group with their CEQA compliance through preparation of an EIR entitlements for the 15-story 4th & Hewitt mixed-use commercial office project in the Arts District neighborhood of Downtown Los Angeles.
- Encore Capital Management and Cal Coast Development with its CEQA compliance for the entitlements for a three-acre site in Koreatown. The project will consist of approximately 400 residential apartment units and a significant retail component.
- Encore Capital Management and Cal Coast Development with its CEQA compliance for the entitlements for a three-acre site in Hollywood at the corner of Cahuenga and Fountain. The project will consist of approximately 375 residential apartment units and a commercial and office component.
- Maxxam Enterprises with its CEQA compliance including preparation of an EIR for entitlements on multiple projects in and around the City of Los Angeles, including the 1100 5th Street and 676 Mateo Street projects in the Arts District with a combined 400 residential units and significant commercial space.
Assisted clients with leasing and municipal matters including:
- Guidance and legal support for a major fixed based operator’s expansion projects in California and Connecticut.
- Development projects at the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach and the Los Angeles World Airports.
- Compliance with the City of Los Angeles and State of California conflict and ethics laws.
City of Los Angeles Experience:
- Had responsibility for all real estate matters for the Department of Airports, leading the negotiations for major leases, strategic acquisitions and development projects.
- Supervised more than 150 lawyers providing legal services to City departments and elected officials as diverse as the Department of Water and Power, the Department of Airports, the Harbor Department, the Los Angeles Community Redevelopment Agency, the Los Angeles City Mayor and the Los Angeles City Council.
- Managed the Airport Division and the Real Property and Environment Division of the City Attorney’s Office and assisted the City and the developer with development projects such as Staples Center, Playa Vista, the LAX Master Plan, Van Nuys City Hall, Porter Ranch and Warner Center, among other major projects.
- Developed the prototype Development Agreement and lease documents for the City of Los Angeles and helped establish the Business Improvement District program for the City.
Southwestern Law School, JD
University of California, Los Angeles
- US Supreme Court
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- US District Court for the Southern District of California