Luciana Sodré is a Corporate & Securities associate in the Rio de Janeiro office of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown. Luciana is experienced in the analysis and drafting of corporate acts and contracts such as share purchase agreements, shareholders’ and investment agreements, commercial agreements as well as participating in and coordinating due diligences. She regularly assists foreign and Brazilian companies. Also, she has experience in representing insurance and reinsurance companies with regulatory matters with the Brazilian Superintendence of Private Insurance, such as accreditation of reinsurers, election of directors and officers, and has also assisted foreign insurers with consults regarding Brazilian insurance legislation.
- Represented China National Offshore Oil Corporation – CNOOC in the negotiation of the Shareholders’ Agreement and related documents for the incorporation of Libra Oil & Gas B.V.
- Represented a Japanese company in the negotiation of an EPC Contract for the construction of a metro line in the state of São Paulo.
- Represented the Sellers in the sale of the totality of the quotas issued by Conpet – Consultoria e Serviços de Petróleo Ltda., a company with expertise in cementing, acidizing, fracturing and multiple pumping operations in oil and gas wells, to Superior Energy Services - Serviços de Petróleo do Brasil Ltda., a company controlled by Superior Energy Services Inc.
- Represented one of the major oil & gas companies in Brazil in the acquisition of equity participation in a grain processing plant for manufacturing of biodiesel.
- Represented an American fabricator of electric bending machines with the organization of a joint venture with a Brazilian producer of spools.
- Represented one of the major technology companies in Brazil in the acquisition of equity participation in a company that produces biometric software.
- Represented an American insurance company in the acquisition of equity participation in one of the oldest insurance companies in Brazil.
- Represented offshore reinsurers in their process of enrolment as occasional reinsurer with the Brazilian Superintendence of Private Insurance.
- Represented insurance companies with regulatory matters with the Brazilian Superintendence of Private Insurance.
- Represented several foreign companies in the incorporation of local subsidiaries in Brazil.
Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ), Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)
- Not admitted in New York. Practicing under the supervision of firm principals.