Luciana Sodré is an associate in the Corporate and M&A practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in the Rio de Janeiro office. Luciana has experience in the analysis and drafting of corporate acts and contracts such as share purchase agreements, shareholders’ and investment agreements, commercial agreements as well as participation and coordination of due diligences, assisting foreign and Brazilian companies. Also, she has experience with infrastructure projects, in the negotiations and drafting of EPC contracts and related documents.
Previously Luciana was secondee in Mayer Brown’s office in New York in 2018. Before that, she was an associate with Trench, Rossi e Watanabe Advogados in association with Baker & McKenzie International, from September 2010 to March 2011; she was also a Trainee from October 2007 to August 2010.
- Represented Chevron in the sale of Chevron Upstream Frade Ltda. to PetroRio.
- Represented Pampa (private equity) in the sale of companies in the Netherlands, Spain, Brazil and Argentina to Vilmorin.
- Represented China National Offshore Oil Corporation – CNOOC in the negotiation of the Shareholders’ Agreement and related documents for the incorporation of Libra Oil & Gas B.V.
- Represented a Japanese company in the negotiation of an EPC Contract for the construction of a metro line in the state of São Paulo.
- Represented the Sellers in the sale of the totality of the quotas issued by Conpet – Consultoria e Serviços de Petróleo Ltda., a company with expertise in cementing, acidizing, fracturing and multiple pumping operations in oil and gas wells, to Superior Energy Services - Serviços de Petróleo do Brasil Ltda., a company controlled by Superior Energy Services Inc.
- Represented one of the major oil & gas companies in Brazil in the acquisition of equity participation in a grain processing plant for manufacturing of biodiesel.
- Represented an American fabricator of electric bending machines with the organization of a joint venture with a Brazilian producer of spools.
- Represented one of the major technology companies in Brazil in the acquisition of equity participation in a company that produces biometric software.
- Represented an American insurance company in the acquisition of equity participation in one of the oldest insurance companies in Brazil.
- Represented offshore reinsurers in their process of enrolment as occasional reinsurer with the Brazilian Superintendence of Private Insurance.
- Represented insurance companies with regulatory matters with the Brazilian Superintendence of Private Insurance.
- Represented several foreign companies in the incorporation of local subsidiaries in Brazil.
Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ), Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)
- Not admitted in New York. Practicing under the supervision of firm principals.