Tina Shi is a senior associate of JSM. Tina advises on various issues arising out of the construction projects in China and the drafting of PRC construction contracts, consultancy agreements, bond, warranties and guarantees. She also has experience in the international arbitration and deals with various Chinese government authorities on investigations and regulatory issues.
Tina speaks Mandarin and English. She was admitted in PRC.
- Representing a national oil company in a major UNCITRAL ad hoc arbitration arising from an unconventional gas production sharing contract.
- Advised a LSE listed company on the preparation of construction documentation and consultancy agreements for use in the construction of its manufacturing facilities in Tianjin, advising on tendering and registration procedure requirements and other compliance issues. The project involved the preparation of a design and build main contract, a piling contract, a number of direct supply/utility services installation contracts and consultancy agreements (such as design institute, supervision engineer and geological survey consultancy agreements) on the basic of various FIDIC forms and MOHURD forms, and other ancillary agreements (such as production waste water/gas disposal contract, sub-station maintenance contract, and VAT refund agreement).
- Advised a Denmark based leading global supplier of paint related products on the preparation of FIDIC based construction documentation for use in the construction of its paint production plant in Guangzhou.
- Advised an US based global leading producer of zinc products on the preparation of construction documentation (MOHURD forms) for use in the construction of its metal processing plant in Changshu, Jiangsu.
- Advised a number of leading international construction and engineering consultancy firms on the preparation of their standard form employer/consultant agreement for use in their PRC projects.
- Advised a global fashion brand on contract documentation in relation to their addition and alteration works projects in China. This is a landmark project involving works carried out on a notable historical building in Shanghai.
- Advised a leading Hong Kong charitable organisation on the preparation of construction contract documentation for their equestrian training centre in Guangdong province, mainland China. The total construction cost of this project is to the tune of RMB 400 million.
- Advised on regulatory issues arising out of the feasibility study of a PV component manufacturing plant and power plant projects in Qinghai China and also advising on construction regulatory issues, project permits and approvals as well as Chinese.
- Advised a global leading windmill gearbox manufacturer on issues arising out of the sale & purchase of windmill gearboxes and advised on the related CIETAC arbitration proceedings.
- Advised a foreign NGO on the establishment and operation of a representative office in mainland China.
Nankai University, LLB
East China University of Political Science and Law, LLM