Nathan Sevilla is a partner in the Real Estate practice of Mayer Brown’s New York office. He routinely represents lenders and borrowers in complex single asset real estate financing transactions including permanent, construction and mezzanine loans. In addition, Nathan has acted for clients of the firm in the acquisition, disposition and leasing of real property throughout the United States.
Nathan joined the firm in 2003 from another Manhattan law firm.
Real Estate Finance
- $900 million Loan for a trophy hotel asset in Miami, Florida.
- $500 million loan for a Class-A office building in New York.
- $600 million senior and mezzanine loan for the construction of a Las Vegas, Nevada casino complex.
- $350 million loan for a shopping complex in Queens, New York.
- $87 million construction loan for a condominium project in Brooklyn, New York
- $357 million construction loan for an office building in San Francisco.
- $250 million loan to refinance a Class-A office building in Los Angeles.
- $250 million loan to refinance a Class-A office building in Manhattan.
- $55 million construction loan for a boutique hotel in Manhattan.
- $84 million loan to refinance and rehabilitate a Fort Lauderdale resort property.
- $277 million loan to construct a condominium hotel on Paradise Island, The Bahamas.
- $171 million construction loan for the development of luxury condominiums in Orange County, CA.
- $65 million construction loan for a luxury hotel and condominium development in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
Representation of Landlord in Retail Leasing
- New Hermes Mens’ boutique on Madison Avenue in New York.
- Erwin Pearl Inc. for a new location on Madison Avenue in New York.
- Polo Ralph Lauren and Lululemon Athletica in East Hampton, New York.
- Calypso St. Barth, Cole Haan and Madewell by J. Crew in Greenwich, Connecticut.
- Vertu, Lanvin, Judith Leiber, David Orgell, and Galerie Michael locations in a Beverly Hills retail complex.
Representation of Tenant in Retail Leasing
- A Charter School for a school building in the Bronx.
- Rachel Riley New York Inc. for the New York flagship store lease of this UK children’s clothing brand.
- A white table cloth restaurant for a flagship location in SoHo.
- A restaurant group for a prime location on 14th Street in Manhattan.
- A not-for-profit credit union for a 20,000 square foot office and retail location lease in Manhattan.
- $300 million ground lease and development transaction for a self storage development on Manhattan’s far West Side.
- $50 million acquisition of a trophy Madison Avenue retail property for an offshore investor that was structured as a sale of equity interests.
- $157 million acquisition of a Park Avenue South office building for a pension fund.
- $53 million acquisition of a marquee SoHo department store building and structuring of the assumption of the existing CMBS debt.
- $275 million acquisition of a premier retail complex in Beverly Hills, California.
American University, BA, magna cum laude
Kappa Tau Alpha (Journalism Honor Society); Golden Key National Honor Society
New York University School of Law, JD
Executive Editor, New York University Journal of Legislation and Public Policy, 2000-2001
- New York
- New York State Bar Association, Real Property Subsection
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Diversity Bar Fellow, Association of the Bar of the City of New York