Ryan Regan is an associate in the Intellectual Property group in the Charlotte office. Ryan’s practice focuses on intellectual property litigation in federal courts and intellectual property due diligence.
During law school, Ryan worked at the US Securities and Exchange Commission in the Division of Corporate Finance as an Honors Student intern. Also while in law school, Ryan worked at the University of Alabama Office of Technology Transfer, assessing patentability issues and providing recommendations for technologies developed by faculty and graduate researchers.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Ryan worked at an intellectual property monetization and advisory firm in Dallas, TX, where he assisted in analyzing and marketing high-tech IP portfolios, and served as a law clerk to the Honorable Eric G. Bruggink at the US Court of Federal Claims in Washington, DC, where he gained substantial experience with intellectual property disputes involving US government technology.
University of Alabama School of Law, JD
Senior Editor, The Journal of the Legal Profession
University of Alabama, BS, magna cum laude, Biology
- North Carolina
- US Court of Federal Claims
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- US District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- US District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- The Carolina Patent Trademark Copyright Law Association (CPTCLA)