Henrique Rojas is a Brazilian qualified lawyer currently seconded to the Corporate & Securities practice of the London office.
He advises domestic and foreign energy, oil and gas and infrastructure companies on corporate, regulatory and contractual matters, including prominent cross-border M&A transactions, asset acquisitions and project structuring. Henrique has experience with project development in energy and oil & gas exploration and production, including project financing, private placements and divestitures of energy-related and oil & gas assets. He is also experienced in bids, regulatory, and contractual issues involving host government exploration/production contracts. Currently, he is also a Regional Manager of the Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture Brazil-Mozambique – CCIABM.
- Advised Petronas on the acquisition from Petróleo Brasileiro S.A. – Petrobras of 50% working interest in two major offshore oil production assets in Brazil (Tartaruga Verde and Module III Espadarte fields).
- Advised GE Energy Financial Services in the modeling and implementation of a gas-to-power project in the State of Sergipe, Brazil with investments over BRL5 billion.
- Advised Norsk Hydro in the structuring of an LNG project, which consists in the importation of LNG to be regasified in an FSRU terminal or a regasification plant, which will provide gas to an alumina refinery and potentially to other customers, including thermo power plants.
- Advised Total on the acquisition of approximately USD 2.2 billion in assets from Petrobras’s divestment plan, including participating interest in Iara and Lapa pre-salt fields (Santos Basin) and option of assignment of participation in Perdido Foldbelt (Gulf of Mexico).
- Advised a Franco-British oil company in the acquisition of Petrobras' 100% working interest in the so-called Pargo Cluster (Pargo, Carapeba and Vermelho Fields) – in the context of Petrobras divestment process.
- Advised Barra Energia in the sale of its 10% working interest to Equinor in the Carcará pre-salt area (BM-S-8 Block), offshore Santos Basin.
- Advised Parnaíba Gás Natural S.A. (Eneva’s E&P subsidiary) in the acquisition of 100% working interest from Petrobras in the Azulão Field (aiming to implement a new “reservoir to wire” project).
- Advised Rowan Companies (Valaris) in the acquisition of two jack-up rigs from Petrobras Netherlands B.V. At the time of the acquisition by Petrobras, the two rigs were an investment of approximately USD 360 million per rig.
- Advised a leading European bank in a reserve-based lending facility for Central Resources in Brazil.
- Advised several oil and gas companies (E&P and oilfield service providers) in the start-up process in Brazil, including negotiation, analysis and “tropicalization” of model forms, negotiation of several agreements, personnel hiring and other relevant matters.
- Advised several national and international oil and gas exploration and production companies in connection with the qualification and bidding for exploratory blocks in the ANP Bid Rounds.
- Seconded in 2015 to a global leading provider of standard-specification offshore oil & gas drilling units.
- Advised the Mozambican National Oil Company on its projects in Mozambique’s Rovuma basin totaling USD 12 billion.
- Advised the Chinese National Oil Company on its projects for exploration of natural gas in the Rovuma Basin Area 4 LNG Project, totaling USD 12 billion.
- Advised a major Brazilian construction company on several infrastructure deals in Mozambique and Angola, including a project to build a major dam in Mozambique, projects valued at USD 900 million.
- Advised a Brazilian construction company on a project to build a hydroelectric plant in South Africa, a project valued at USD 300 million.
- Advised a major Brazilian construction company on a bid to build infrastructure for Vale Mozambique, a project valued at USD 100 million.
The University of Chicago, LLM
University of California, Berkeley, Business Law Certificate (Mergers & Acquisitions)
Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, MBA, Oil & Gas
Universidade Candido Mendes, Post-graduate Degree in International Law
Federal University of Minas Gerais, Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)
- Regional Manager, Chamber of Commerce Brazil-Mozambique – CCIABM
- Member, Association of International Petroleum Negotiators – AIPN
- Member, Minas Gerais State Bar – OAB/MG
- Member, Rio de Janeiro State Bar – OAB/RJ