João Rodrigues is an associate in the Corporate practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown in the Rio de Janeiro office. He holds a Bachelor in Public Policy Management from the University of Brasília (UnB) and in Law from the Brasiliense Institute of Public Law (IDP), with professional experience in the Federal Senate and in the Rio de Janeiro State Attorney's Office. João focuses his practice on regulatory and transactional issues in the Oil and Gas industry, advising multinational companies in the upstream, midstream and downstream segments.
Oil & Gas
- Advised a foreign oil company in a Transfer of Rights and negotiation of E&P Agreements.
- Advised an E&P company in the withdrawal of BS-4 (Atlanta Field).
- Advised an international company in investigation proceeding on the exercise bunker resale activity.
- Advised a large Brazilian gas transportation company in administrative proceedings on the operation of natural gas facilities without authorization and the noncompliance with the term of commitment regarding the transfer process of ownership of natural gas transportation assets.
- Advised a leading agribusiness, sugar and bioenergy company on administrative proceeding and regulatory matters before ANP involving their sugar/ethanol power plants in Brazil.
- Advised companies in a farm-out agreement of Morro do Barro oil field and in the review of field Development Plan.
- Advised company on Execution of the pledge of rights arising from E&P concession agreement.
- Advised a fuel transporter company on Legal opinion about the possibility to using a fuel point to supply vehicles of subcontracteds.
- Advised biofuels company with regulation matters on fuel quality control before ANP.
- Advised a E&P company that won an auction in the indication of an affiliate to sign the concession contract.
- Advised a E&P company in administrative proceeding about reviewing the royalties calculation and requesting royalties reduction of incremental production of the Polvo Field.
- Advised the National Union of Liquefied Petroleum Gas Distributors in administrative request on reviewing the legal opinion of ANP´s Attorney Office about commercialization of other brands LPG.
- Advised a fuel distribution company on lawsuit about mandatory loyalty to the flag between fuel distributors and resellers.
- Advised a company in a civil action against Federal Government and National Agency of Petroleum (ANP) regarding the regulatory limitation for selling oil to the consumers.
- Advised the biggest Brazilian independent company of bulk liquid storage in analysis of ANP´s resolution draft about third party access to terminals.
- Advised an agribusiness company in Public Consultation about natural gas supply and in the increase of Natural Gas and potential supply alternatives.
- Advised a Brazilian bank in analysis of commercial and regulatory aspects of oil and gas sector in the context of an Initial Public Offering (“IPO”).
- Advised a Transporter Company of Natural Gas in a legal opinion about issues of unbundling of the Natural Gas Transportation System Operators (TSOs).
- Advised a Transporter Company of Natural Gas in drafting Gas Transportation Agreements (GTAs) on entry/exit points.
- Advised an international company of E&P in ANP´s Public Consultation about Local Content.
- Advised a leading multinational company of LNG loading vessels operation (BW Gas Limited) in obtaining the authorizations required in Brazil for servicing by Floating Storage Regasification Unit (FSRU).
- Advised a power generation company in drafting Gas Sell and Purchase Agreements.
- Advised a multinational company in administrative proceeding before ANP about compliance with Local Content commitment undertaken under concession contract for BT-POT-10.
- Advised a multinational company with regulatory analysis related to the use of a FSO to export oil from the Pargo Cluster.
Instituto Brasiliense de Direito Público (IDP), Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)
Universidade de Brasília - UnB, Bachelor of Public Policy Management
- Member, Brazilian Bar Association (OAB), 2020.