Henrique Rocha is a partner in the Public Law practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown in the Rio de Janeiro office. Henrique advises his clients in the advisory and litigation areas involving public law, regulatory and corporate law, having extensive experience in concessions, public-private partnerships and contracts with state-owned companies.
With over 20 years of experience in public law and corporate law, he led legal teams that worked on large-scale public-private business projects, having also been involved in arbitration litigation related to these practices. Among other positions in the public sector, he held the positions of Legal Director of BNDES, Legal Director of BNDESPAR and Deputy Attorney General of the State of Rio de Janeiro. He is also an arbitrator listed in the Brazilian Chamber of Mediation and Arbitration – CBMA.
- Acted as the head of attorney teams, especially in public financial institutions;
- Acted in the structuring of financing to companies, especially those investing in public utilities and infrastructure assets (energy, sanitation and transport sectors, among others);
- Acted in the structuring of privatization of state-owned companies and concession (public-private) investment projects;
- Participated in several corporate transactions, including highly complex corporate reorganizations, involving transfer of control, debt restructuring and shareholders agreements;
- Acted in international arbitration in the Oil and Gas industry, with complex disputes of an oil company against the National Agency of Petroleum – ANP and a corporate dispute involving the joint operating companies.
University of Lisbon, PhD, Law and Political Sciences
IBMEC Business School, MBA, Corporate Finance
IBMEC Business School, MBA, Management
Universidade Candido Mendes, Masters Degree in Law
Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro – UERJ, Bachelor of Law
- Listed Arbitrator at the Brazilian Chamber of Mediation and Arbitration - CBMA. 2019 – current
- Legal Advisor - Inter America Development Bank – IDB. 2020
- Managing Director – Head of Legal – The Brazilian Development Bank - BNDES. 2019
- Managing Director – Head of Legal – BNDESPAR. 2019
- Member of the Brazilian Bar Association Committee for Infrastructure. 2013 -2018
- Legal Director – Rio de Janeiro State Development Bank. 2017-2019
- Deputy Attorney-General for Rio de Janeiro State – RJ, Brazil. 2007-2009
- Deputy-Secretary for Economic Development – State of Rio de Janeiro. 2004-2006
- Recognized at Leaders League Brazil 2023 as Excellent in Public Law