"Jessica Nunes de Queiroz significantly bolsters the firm’s capabilities."
Jessica Queiroz is counsel in the Real Estate practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in the São Paulo office. With more than 10 years of practice in real estate and 5 years in financial and capital markets in Brazil, Jessica Queiroz is focused on structuring complex real estate transactions, which can benefit from her experience in various fields.
Jessica started out her career at TozziniFreire, in São Paulo, from 1999 until 2007, where she began as a trainee in real estate and left as a senior lawyer in the banking and capital markets department. She provided in-house counsel at Cargill in São Paulo from 2007 until 2011, where she was responsible for CarVal Investors, Black River Asset Manager and Cargill Risk Management businesses. Prior to joining Tauil & Chequer Advogados, Jessica Queiroz was a real estate senior lawyer in KLA-Koury Lopes Advogados.
- Assisted Iguatemi Empresa de Shopping Centers in the issuance and public offer of certificates of real estate receivables (CRIs) backed by receivables belonging to a subsidiary of Iguatemi owner of the Galleria mall, in the city of Campinas-SP. R$210 million.
- Assisted in the issuance and restricted offer of certificates of real estate receivables (CRIs) as deal counsel to Iguatemi, Kinea and RB Capital. R$ 105 million.
- Assisted RB Capital in the sale of a distribution center leased to Inbrands in the city of São Paulo to Jive Investments
- Advised US real estate company Tishman Speyer Properties in the sale of an office building in São Paulo’s financial district, leased to Itaú Unibanco, to a real estate investment fund owned by Brookfield Property.
- Assisted American Tower, the largest telecom infrastructure company in Brazil, on the purchase of approximately 6,800 towers from TIM in Brazil, in a transaction that may reach US$1.2 billion.
- Assisted American Tower on the acquisition of BR Towers from GP Investimentos for approximately R$2 billion.
- Advised property management company LPP, a subsidiary of the Singapore-based Global Logistic Properties (GLP), in the purchase of 34 warehousing and logistical assets from BR Properties, a transaction worth US$1.3 billion
- Advised Global Logistic Properties Limited in obtaining part of the funding necessary for the acquisition of logistics warehouses from BR Properties through a securitization transaction involving LPP III, Itaú Unibanco and Barigui Securitizadora. R$ 874 million.
- Assisted Tishman Speyer in structuring a real estate investment fund and in the issuance and public offer of app. R$ 1 billion in quotas in order to acquire Tower Bridge Corporate building located in São Paulo.
- Assisted Tishman Speyer in the lease, together with VIA Engenharia, of the condominium “Green Towers Brasília” to Banco do Brasil. Green Towers Brasília is a class AAA real estate development located in Brasília, composed by 3 office towers one of which is operating and 2 are still under construction. The first tower of Green Towers Brasília is the first class AAA building in the capital of Brasil which has been filed to receive a LEED Certification. R$ 540 million.
- Assisted M3 Capital Partners, as manager of Evergreen Fundo de Investimento em Participações, in the structuring and acquisition of a R$ 9 million convertible debenture issued by REC SS Leopoldina Empreendimentos S.A. to fund part of its acquisition of Guarda Tudo, a self storage company that operates in the city of São Paulo.
- Assisted Tishman Speyer Properties in the structuring of the sale of Torre Jatobá. The tower is located in the Castello Branco Office Park and was sold to two Real Estate Investment Funds, one of which was managed by Credit Suisse Hedging-Griffo, and the other held by Tishman Speyer and Brickell Tower Empreendimento, co-developer of Torre Jatobá. Later on, provided legal advice to Tishman Speyer and Brickell Tower in the public offering of the quotas held by them in the aforementioned fund (R$ 124 million).
- Advised General Electric in structuring a transaction and relevant agreements prior to the securitization of real estate receivables by Synergy Group (R$520 million).
- Advised Black River Asset Management in the sale of its asset management business in Brazil.
- Advised Banco Cargill S/A in its registration as representative of foreign financial institution Cargill Financial Services International with the Central Bank of Brazil.
- Assisted UBS Pactual in the coordination of the initial public offering of shares of ethanol and sugar producer São Martinho in Brazil, in the amount of R$ 420 million.
- Assisted UBS Pactual in the coordination of the initial public offering of shares of Banco ABC Brasil S.A. in Brazil, in the amount of R$ 608 million.
- Aided in the development of the Rochaverá Corporate Towers.
- Assisted Prosperitas in the issuance of several certificates of real estate receivables (CRIs) from “Altere Securitizadora” related to “built-to-suit” agreements.
- Assisted WTorre in several issuances of certificates of real estate receivables related to properties owned by “Grupo WTorre”.
- Aided in the structuring of the Constitution of Real Estate Investment Fund “Torre Norte”, raising R$ 64,067,000.00, which represents 16,17% of undivided shares of “Torre Norte do Centro Empresarial Nações Unidas de São Paulo” building.
- Assisted in the issuance of shares of the Real Estate Investment Fund “Torre Norte”, raising R$ 316,309,632.00 to acquire the remaining undivided shares of “Torre Norte”.
Insper - Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa, Business Management Development Program
Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV/SP), Regulation of the Financial and Capital Markets
Instituto Brasileiro de Estudos Tributários (IBET), Specialist in Tax Law
Faculdade de Direito da Universidade de São Paulo, Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)
- "Jessica Nunes de Queiroz significantly bolsters the firm’s capabilities” The Legal 500 2017 - Real Estate