"Simon is smart, affable and gets to the point quickly." "He is very insightful with regards to commercial real estate."Chambers UK 2021
Simon Price is a partner in Mayer Brown's Real Estate practice in London. He focuses on the corporate real estate market and advises on investment platforms, joint ventures, the acquisition and disposal of real estate assets and holding structures, developments and high profile lettings.
In addition, Simon's practice has a particular focus on the hospitality sector, where he acts for investors, developers and funders on global hotel and branded residences transactions, and operator and franchise agreements.
- Advised a US Investment Bank on the sale and leaseback of its London HQ building for in excess of £1bn.*
- Advised Katara Hospitality on the acquisition of the Grosvenor House Hotel on Park Lane in London.*
- Advised a consortium member on its investment in a €6.4bn global portfolio of approximately nine hundred hotels.*
- Advised TIAA on the establishment of a three-way joint venture with the Swedish national pension funds, Forsta AP-Fonden and Andra AP-Fonden, to create a £3bn office fund with assets in the UK, France and Germany and on the establishment of a pan-European student housing platform.*
- Advised Brookfield on the disposal of a 50% interest in the Principal Place London office development project to the Italian asset management company Antirion, based on an asset value of £763m.*
- Advised Round Hill Capital on a series of joint ventures with KKR to acquire and develop student housing and logistics assets in the UK and Europe.*
- Advised Meyer Bergman, a real estate investment management firm, on the acquisition of a portfolio of 14 residential development sites from Tesco for £250m and ongoing development advice.*
- Advised Obayashi Corporation on the pre-letting of Bracken House, London to Nikkei, for use as the FT headquarters.*
*experience gained prior to joining Mayer Brown
University of Cambridge, St John's College
- England and Wales
- Simon is a trustee of the Herne Hill Velodrome Trust, which is responsible for maintaining and operating Herne Hill Velodrome in South London. First constructed in 1891, it is the last remaining finals venue from the 1948 London Olympic Games.
- Simon Price joined Mayer Brown from Linklaters in September 2020. He regularly assists clients with investment transactions and development work related to a range of property types, including prime office space and student accommodation. He also has notable expertise in matters concerning distressed real estate assets. "Simon is smart, affable and gets to the point quickly." "He is very insightful with regards to commercial real estate." (Chambers UK 2021).
- Listed under 'Other key lawyers' for Commercial Property (Legal 500 2021).