Olivier Parawan produces “extremely detailed work.”Legal 500 EMEA 2015
Admitted to the Paris Bar, Olivier Parawan is a partner in the Tax practice of the Paris office.
Olivier advises a large number of French and foreign private equity clients and corporate groups on their LBO / M&A and real estate transactions. He has gained strong experience in all aspects of multi-country transactions, from tax due diligence to structuring work and financing issues. He has been involved in most of the larger deals carried out on the French market over the past years. Olivier also assists corporate clients in the day-to-day tax management (tax audit, tax consolidation, reporting tools) and in the management of their global effective tax rate and their "cash" tax (French and international tax planning, using of tax losses, etc).
In addition to his native French, Olivier is fluent in English.
Recent or pending deals in which Olivier Parawan was involved include:
- Advised the management of Primonial, one of the French leaders in asset management for individuals, on their minority investment in the group, in the context of the purchase of a majority shareholding by the private equity fund Bridgepoint (with Crédit Mutuel Arkéa also retaining a minority stake).
- Advised private equity fund Charterhouse and other investors on the structuring of their acquisition of SERB pharmaceuticals.
- Advised Webhelp on the acquisition of Direct Medica, a company of client relationship remote management in the healthcare sector from Capzanine, BNP Paribas Development.
- Advised private equity fund Bridgepoint Development Capital on the acquisition of CIR , a group specialized in the restoration of buildings, from its founders.
- Advised Quadrifolio France and Codimmo on the structuring aspects of its M€ 95 debt refinancing.
- Advised the Webhelp Group on the structuring aspects of its M€ 635 debt refinancing.
- Advised private equity fund Pragma Capital on the acquisition of IMX group, a private international mail company, from its founders.
- Advised private equity fund LBO France and its subsidiary Geoxia on the sale of Groupe INCA, specialized in the construction of houses, to Omnes Capital, GSO Capital, Bpifrance investissement, managers.
- Advised Groupe C2S, (and its majority shareholder, private equity fund Bridgepoint) private clinics operator, on the acquisition of Groupe Avenir Santé, private clinics operator, from Montefiore Investment.
- Advised Almus Capital and Mount Kellet in connection with the sale of Sofitel Le Faubourg.
- Advised Webhelp, call center operator, and its management on KKR's acquisition of Webhelp from Charterhouse.
- Advised the French Telecom group Numéricable - SFR on the structuring of its acquisition of Altice Media Group France.
- Advised the French Telecom group Numéricable - SFR on the structuring of the acquisition of Altice's stake in Next Radio TV.
- Advised the real estate company SCI Quadrans Est – indirectly controlled by Altice founder P. Drahi - on the structuring aspects of its acquisition of office premises to be leased to Next Radio TV.
- Advised private equity fund Sagard on its acquisition of Ipackchem, a leading European company specialized in plastic packaging, from Cerea Partenaire and Bpifrance.
- Advised Altice with regard to the acquisition of Cablevision Systems Corporation.
- Advising Webhelp on the structuring of the acquisition of Webhelp by the management team alongside with KKR from Charterhouse Capital Partners.
- Advised Sagard with regards to its investment in the company Les Délices des 7 Vallées.
- Advised Altice on the acquisition of Cablevision.
- Advised Altice on the signature of a strategic partnership with NextRadioTV.
- Advised LBO France on the acquisition of IKKS.
- Advised Actomezz in the takeover of the Furnotel group.
- Advised Altice on the structuring of its US$9.1 billion acquisition alongside BC Partners and Canada Pension Plan Investment Board of the US cable operator Suddenlink.
- Advised Altice on the sale of mobile shares of Outremer Telecom to Telma.
- Advised Altice Media Group on the structuring of its acquisition of Groupe Express Roularta, a major French press group whose publications include L'Express, L'Expansion, Mieux Vivre votre Argent, Lire, Studio CinéLive, L'Étudiant and Point de Vue.
- Advised Altice and Numericable-SFR on the structuring of the €3.9 billion purchase of the 20 percent stake held by Vivendi in Numericable-SFR.
- Advised Potel & Chabot in the restructuring of its debt.
- Advised Webhelp on the acquisition of SNT, a group focusing on customer relations in the Netherlands.
- Advised Altice on the structuring of its €7 billion purchase of Portugal Telecom, Portugal’s largest telecom operator, from Brazilian operator Oi.
- Advised LBO France on the acquisition of ALVEST.
Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas, Post-graduate Degree in Business and Tax Law DESS Droit des Affaires et Fiscalité
Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas, Maîtrise Droit des Affaires et Fiscalité
Continually recommended by the legal directories as a Leading Individual :
Le Magazine des Affaires, a leading legal industry publication in France has recognized Olivier Parawan as the leading Tax practitioner in France (number of transactions).
- "Olivier Parawan who is an expert of high quality." Legal 500 EMEA (2016)
- "Olivier Parawan qui est expert dans son domaine." Legal 500 Paris (2016)
- The new edition of Décideurs, a french media and rating agency for top executives has recognized Olivier Parawan as "Unavoidable" in Tax Transactions. (2016)
- "Olivier Parawan produces extremely detailed work." Legal 500 EMEA (2015)
- "Olivier Parawan qui fournit un travail extrêmement détaillé" Legal 500 Paris (2015)
- The new edition of Décideurs, a french media and rating agency for top executives has recognized Olivier Parawan as "Excellent" in Tax Transactions. (2016)