Jeffrey W. O’Neale is a partner in Mayer Brown’s Real Estate Markets practice and a member of the firm’s Partnership Board. He represents commercial banks, institutional investors, investment banks, life insurance companies, debt funds and servicers in a variety of commercial real estate lending transactions including bridge loans, construction loans, conduit loans, mezzanine loans, preferred equity investments, loan participations and assumptions, loan sales and acquisitions, loan modifications and restructurings, repurchase (warehouse) facilities and loan-on-loan transactions. He has extensive experience representing lenders and servicers through all stages of the commercial real estate lending cycle with a particular focus on the servicing and administration of repurchase (warehouse) facilities and the restructuring of non-performing commercial mortgage loans.
Jeffrey earned his JD from the University of Michigan Law School and his BA in international finance and marketing from the University of Miami (FL).
- Represented an institutional warehouse lender in the documentation of a $500 million commercial mortgage loan repurchase (warehouse) facility.
- Represented a commercial bank as special servicer in the restructuring and assumption of the $2.78 billion loan secured by the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas.
- Represented a commercial bank in the documentation of a $100 million loan-on-loan facility.
- Represented an institutional lender in the origination of a $65 million commercial mortgage loan secured by a portfolio of 6 hospitality properties located across 4 states.
- Represented a commercial bank as special servicer in the workout of a $1.25 billion multi-tranched loan secured by a portfolio of hotel and resort properties in California and Hawaii.
- Represented a life insurance company in connection with the acquisition of a portfolio of commercial mortgage loans and negotiation of the related intercreditor agreements.
- Represented a debt fund investor in the placement of a $13 million preferred equity investment as part of a $50 million joint venture to construct 4 Class-A industrial buildings.
- Represented an institutional warehouse lender in connection with a $1 billion collateralized loan obligation (CLO) transaction.
University of Miami, BA
University of Michigan Law School, JD
- North Carolina
- North Carolina State Bar
- Mecklenburg County Bar
- Leadership Charlotte, Class 33