Jeffrey O’Neale is a partner in Mayer Brown's Charlotte office and a member of the Real Estate Markets practice. He focuses his practice on representing institutional lenders, financial institutions and servicers in a variety of secured and unsecured financial transactions including commercial mortgage loan originations, single-family residential mortgage loan originations, loan workouts and restructurings, repurchase and warehouse facilities, credit facilities and equipment lease transactions. A primary focus of his practice is representing special servicers in loan workouts, restructurings and modifications and repurchase facility buyers in the servicing and administration of their commercial mortgage loan portfolios.
Jeffrey earned his JD from the University of Michigan Law School and his BA in international finance and marketing from the University of Miami (FL).
- Represented an institutional lender as special servicer in the restructuring and assumption of the $2.78 billion loan secured by the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas.
- Represented an institutional lender as special servicer in the workout of a $1.25 billion multi-tranched loan secured by a portfolio of hotel and resort properties in California and Hawaii.
- Represented an institutional lender as master servicer in the transfer and assumption of 50 mortgage loans secured by hotel properties in connection with a REIT public offering.
- Represented an institutional lender as buyer in connection with a $250 million commercial mortgage loan repurchase facility.
- Represented a financial institution as lender in connection with the origination of a $25 million mortgage loan secured by 85 single family residential properties located in 24 states.
- Represented a financial institution in connection with the origination of a $85 million mortgage loan secured by a portfolio of hospital properties.
- Represented issuers, collateral managers and loan sellers in connection with all aspects of securitization transactions.
- Represented a financial institution as administrative agent in the issuance of floating rate, extendible, senior secured notes secured by a credit facility.
University of Miami, BA
University of Michigan Law School, JD
- North Carolina
- North Carolina State Bar
- Mecklenburg County Bar
- Leadership Charlotte, Class 33