Delfina Nicholson is an associate in Mayer Brown's New York office and a member of the Banking & Finance practice and the Latin America & Caribbean group. Delfina's practice focuses on advising domestic and international clients on complex cross-border corporate finance, structured finance, project finance, capital markets and acquisition financing transactions, among others, with a special emphasis in Latin America and the Caribbean. Delfina is a native Spanish speaker and is fluent in English.
- Represented Panama’s Multibank Inc., as borrower, in a $100 million unsecured credit facility with Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation and a $200 million unsecured credit facility with HSBC Bank USA, National Association and Banco Latinioamericano de Comercio Exterior, S.A.
- Represented Goldman Sachs Bank USA as senior investor of the investment fund created to finance the Brazilian photovoltaic system startup, Solfacil in an amount of $105 million.
- Represented Goldman Sachs Bank USA as Lender, Administrative Agent, Collateral Agent and Lead Arranger under the $150 million Credit and Guaranty Agreement among Goldaman Sachs, Banco Actinver, S.A., I.B.M., Grupo Financiero Actinver, as Trustee under the Irrevocable Trust No. 5339, as the Borrower, and Clara Holdings Limited and Clara Intermediate Holdings, LLC, as Guarantors.
- Represented Cargill, Incorporated in connection with a $175 million Guarantee Facility Agreement with WWM Logistics, LLC.
- Represented a group of lenders in connection with a E200 million project loan financing and private placement notes to remodel a stadium.*
- Represented a group of institutional investors purchasing privately placed notes issued by a subsidiary of Orion Resource Partners (“Orion”) in connection with Orion’s acquisition of certain producing trona mineral interests located in Sweetwater County, Wyoming from Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY).*
- Represented Total Play Telecomunicaciones, S.A. de C.V., a leading, high-growth Mexican telecommunications, in connection with: (i) a Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of $600 million of notes due 2028; and (ii) a $575 million Rule 144A / Reg S offering of $575 million of notes due 2025.*
- Represented Socieded Química y Minera de Chile S.A. in connection with its offering of $400 million principal amount of 4.250% notes due 2050.*
- Represented Nueva Elektra del Milenio, S.A. de C.V. in a $500 million notes offering through Mexico Remittances Funding Fiduciary Estate, an unregulated securitization fund in the form of a fiduciary estate established under the laws of Luxembourg.*
- Represented Teleios LS Holdings III DE, LLC, an affiliate of Oaktree Capital Management, LP, as borrower, in connection with a $20,500,000 credit facility provided by JPMorgan and secured by a portfolio of life settlements.*
- Represented the lenders, KeyBank National Association, National Bank of Canada and Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank, in connection with the $225 million financing of the acquisition by Applegreen USA Welcome Centres, LLC of HMS Host Tollroads, Inc., which operates and maintains over 60 on-highway service plazas, located across 13 highways within 8 states in the U.S. Northeast and Midwest region.*
- Advised Citibank, N.A. and Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. Grand Cayman Branch in the $150 million dollars Term Loan Agreement with Enap Sipetrol Argentina S.A.*
- Represented YPFA S.A in connection with Maxus International Energy Company's restructuring/Chapter 11 alternatives in the case involving Occidental Chemical Corporation and the state of New Jersey.*
*Denotes work done at a prior firm.
New York University School of Law, LLM
Universidad Austral, LLB
- New York