Sebastián Fernández Alonso Márquez is an associate in Mayer Brown’s Mexico City office and is a member of the Banking and Finance practice. Sebastián is an integral part of the M&A, private equity and banking and finance teams. He has represented sellers and purchasers in domestic and cross-border primary and secondary sales and acquisitions of Mexican and US companies. His experience also includes the incorporation of Mexican private equity funds and representation of such funds in their investments in different companies. Sebastian has also represented Mexican and US borrowers and lenders in secured and unsecured financings. Additionally, his experience includes corporate governance, joint ventures and general corporate matters. He is fluent in English and Spanish.
- Represented L Catterton in the acquisition of a 32% equity participation in Crediclub, S.A. de C.V., S.F.P. Closing of the transaction is subject to approvals from the National Banking and Securities Commission and the antitrust agency in Mexico.
- Represented Alloy, a mezzanine lender, in an unsecured credit facility granted to Alpha Credit Capital, a consumer credit and SMEs financing company.
- Represented HSBC México and BX+ in a MXN$570 million club deal financing granted to Stereorey México,S.A. (MVS). The facility is secured with a guaranty trust over real estate. Funds shall be used by borrower for payment of existing debt, and internal reorganization (acquisition of a subsidiary).
- Represented Mezcales Artesanales Casa Lumbre, S.A.P.I. de C.V. in several Agave Supply Agreements and Production and Co-Packing Agreements for third party spirits brands in Mexico.
- Represented Goldman Sachs International Bank in a US$25 million Secured Loan granted to NuBn Servicios Mexico, S.A. de C.V (NuBank Mexico) as borrower and other affiliates as guarantors. The Credit Agreement is governed under New York law and include Mexican promissory notes.
- Gran Malo – Representation of Casa Lumbre in the joint venture with youtuber “@LuisitoComunica”, Bodegas La Negrita, celebrity agents and other minority investors, to produce and distribute a spicy tamarind tequila liquor.
- Represented Goldman Sachs Bank USA as administrative agent and arranger in a $125 million senior secured revolving credit facility to Mercado Lending, S.A. de C.V. (Mercado Crédito). Mercado Crédito is a FinTech unit of MercadoLibre that offers credit to clients of its parent company, as well as to customers using its online payment platform, Mercado Pago.
- Represented Goldman Sachs Bank USA as administrative agent in a $50 million senior secured revolving credit facility to Red Amigo DAL, S.A.P.I. de C.V., SOFOM, E.N.R. (Konfio), a Mexican financial services platform for small and medium enterprises.
- Representation of Scotiabank, as lender, in a MXN$400 million senior loan granted to MXT Tucan Towers, S.A.P.I. de C.V. The funds will be used for the acquisition by the borrower of telecommunication towers in Mexico.
- Representation of Scotiabank in a MXN$400 million unsecured corporate loan granted to Factoring Corporativo, S.A. de C.V., SOFOM, E.R. for the acquisition of certain assets and corporate interest. Factoring Corporativo is a key financial player in the factoring sector in Mexico.
- Representation of Casa Montelobos, S.A.P.I. de C.V., Mezcal Montelobos® producer and Licorera Ancho Reyes, S.A.P.I. de C.V., Ancho Reyes® chili liquor producer, in the sale of their 100% capital stock in two tranches to Campari, a major spirit brand owner and distributor.
- Representation of Mezcal Ojo de Tigre, S.A.P.I. de C.V. (“ODT”) and its existing shareholders (through a Mexican Control Trust incorporated for such purposes) in the acquisition by Pernod Ricard México, S.A. de C.V. (“PR”) of a 40% equity participation in ODT, through a capital increase and purchase of shares of the existing shareholders.
- Representation of Destilería y Bodega Abasolo, S.A.P.I. de C.V. (“Abasolo”) and its existing shareholders in the acquisition by Pernod Ricard México, S.A. de C.V. (“Pernod Ricard”) of a 49% equity participation in Abasolo. The transaction also included the negotiation and execution of the documents applicable to the joint venture among Pernod Ricard and Abasolo’s original shareholders.
- Counsel to HSBC México and other lenders in a MXN$1,600M club deal for the financing of Grupo Charly, a sportswear and manufacturing company sneakers.
- Represented HSBC, as the lender, and DISH, as the borrower (through its subsidiary, Comercializadora de Frecuencias Satelitales, S. de R.L. de C.V.) in a loan agreement whereby the lender granted up to US 24 million loan in favor of the borrower.
- Representation of Cointer Concesiones México S.A. de C.V. and Sociedad Michoacana de Constructores, S.A.P.I. de C.V. on the sale of their joint participation in the capital stock of Concesionaria de Autopistas de Michoacán S.A. de C.V. to Fibra Vía, an energy and infrastructure investment trust, controlled by Promotora y Operadora de Infraestructura.
- Incorporation of CL SP Fund II as a Mexican Trust (Fideicomiso de Inversión en Capital Privado “FICAP”) with Banco Actinver, as trustee, Casa Lumbre, S.A.P.I. de C.V., as General Partner, and different investors, as Limited Partner. The deal also included a capital raise from different limited partners of approximately US$30 million from different Mexican and foreign investors. The funds contributed to the Fund will be used by the General Partners as investment in different spirits projects and companies.
- Acquisition by Exitus Capital, S.A.P.I. de C.V., SOFOM, E.N.R. of an 55% equity participation in CV Credit Inc. The deal also included a Shareholder loan from Exitus and the renewal and renegotiation of CV Credit’s existing line of credits.
- Buyout of Mr. Michel Schipper Deicas (shareholder and CEO of the Company) 20% equity participation in Distribuidora Tamex, S.A. de C.V.
Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM), with honors