Michael Morelli is an experienced transactional attorney and corporate advisor whose practice focuses primarily on issues of general commercial real estate and real estate financings.
Mike routinely counsels domestic and foreign clients in acquisitions and dispositions of real property throughout the United States with a special focus on the high-end retail market.
Mike represents leading investment banking firms and commercial banks in domestic and cross-border capital markets transactions and leveraged bank transactions. Mike has experience with financing transactions in a variety of real estate related industries including gaming, hotels, resorts, office, residential and mixed-use developments.
Michael joined Mayer Brown in 2002.
- Representation of the purchaser in connection with the $275 million acquisition of an outdoor shopping mall located on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills, California.
- Representation of the purchaser in connection with the $78 million acquisition of The Rhinelander Mansion in New York City.
- Representation of the seller in connection with the $65 million sale of an office building located at 44 Wall Street in New York City.
- Representation of the lead arranger in providing $1.235 billion of financing to a Florida Native American Tribe for the acquisition of a multi-tiered entertainment franchise (including gaming, restaurants and hotels).
- Representation of the lead arranger in connection with a $285 million construction loan for a video lottery facility in Yonkers, New York.
- Representation of the lead arranger in connection with a €47 million loan to finance the acquisition of an approximately 4,200 acre site in the Tuscany region of Italy and to fund construction related costs for the development of a hotel and related villas on the site.
- Representation of the lead arranger in providing $65 million of financing for the construction of a resort (including a hotel and fractional interests) in Los Cabos, Mexico.
Fordham University School of Law, JD
Georgetown University, BSBA
- New York