Mike Morelli’s practice focuses primarily on issues of general commercial real estate and real estate financings.
Mike routinely counsels domestic and foreign clients in acquisitions and dispositions of real property throughout the United States with a particular focus on the office, hotel, retail and multi-family segments.
In addition, Mike represents leading investment banking firms, commercial banks and borrowers in domestic and cross-border capital markets transactions and leveraged bank transactions. Mike has experience with financing transactions in a variety of real estate related industries including gaming, hotels, resorts, office, residential and mixed-use developments.
Mike joined Mayer Brown in 2002.
Real Estate Finance
- $505 million financing related to three theme park resorts and hotels in Orlando, Florida.
- $1.235 billion of financing to a Florida Native American Tribe for the acquisition of a multi-tiered entertainment franchise (including gaming, restaurants and hotels).
- $132 million construction loan for a luxury, five-star resort and vineyard in Napa Valley.
- $55 million construction loan for a boutique hotel in Manhattan.
- €47 million loan to finance the acquisition of an approximately 4,200 acre site in the Tuscany region of Italy and to fund construction related costs for the development of a hotel and related villas on the site.
- $795 million loan for a luxury hotel in Miami Beach, Florida.
- $65 million of financing for the construction of a resort (including a hotel and fractional interests) in Los Cabos, Mexico.
- $285 million loan to refinance a resort and hotel in Orlando, Florida.
- Representation of a real estate management and development company with the $835 million acquisition of a portfolio of 16 multi-family properties in the cities of Seattle, Portland, Los Angeles and Denver.
- Acted on behalf of a prominent New York City developer in connection with numerous multi-family developments in Manhattan, Long Island City and Brooklyn.
- Represented the purchaser in connection with the $275 million acquisition of an outdoor shopping mall located on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills, California.
- Counsel to a large real estate investment trust and certain of its subsidiaries in connection with its $270 million joint venture acquisition and financing of 12 self-storage facilities located in New York and New Jersey.
- Representation of the purchaser in connection with the $78 million acquisition of The Rhinelander Mansion in New York City.
- Continued representation of one of the world’s leading real asset investment managers in connection with acquisitions and dispositions throughout the United States with a total transactional value in excess of $3 billion.
Georgetown University, BSBA
Fordham University School of Law, JD
- New York
- District of Columbia