"Besides being very bright, tenacious and hard-working, she is just really honest and realistic."Clients report that she has "excellent judgment, is very successful in oral arguments and knows antitrust law extremely well."
Clients have described Britt Miller as a "super-smart" attorney who brings "tenacity, attention to detail, and [an] efficient approach to matters."
Britt Miller is Managing Partner of Mayer Brown's Chicago office, where she practices in the areas of antitrust litigation and complex commercial litigation. She is also a co-lead of the global Antitrust & Competition practice. Britt focuses on representing domestic and international corporations in price-fixing, market allocation, monopolization, and conspiracy cases, and has also counseled clients on general antitrust issues.
Since joining Mayer Brown in 1998, Britt has been involved in numerous antitrust cases including In re Vitamins Antitrust Litigation, one of the largest antitrust cases ever filed in the US. Her antitrust work has involved a variety of products and industries including synthetic rubber, aspartame, resins, household moving services, consumer health products, industrial chemicals, paper products, financial services, fertilizers and vitamins.
Britt's litigation experience spans both the federal and state court systems and includes client representations relating to contract disputes, constitutional rights, securities fraud, banking practices, airline deregulation, products liability and trust interpretation.
Britt is a member of the American Bar Association's Section of Antitrust Law and the Section of Litigation and has been named a BTI "Client Service All-Star." She also has been named a "Rising Star" in the Antitrust Litigation sections of the Illinois Super Lawyers list published by Law & Politics for the past six years and as a "Future Star" by Benchmark Litigation for the past six years. Britt has been recognized in Expert Guides: Women in Business Law as an expert in the field of "Competition & Antitrust" every year since 2014, and she has been named one of The National Law Journal's "40 Under 40" in Chicago. Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Britt served as a Judicial Extern to the Honorable George M. Marovich, US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Auburn University, BA
Northwestern University School of Law, JD, cum laude
Note and Comment Editor, Northwestern Law Review; Order of the Coif, Dean's List
- US Supreme Court
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Board of Trustees, Chicago Symphony Orchestra
- Fellow, Leadership Greater Chicago (2017)
- Board Member, Rush University Medical Center Associates Board
- Sustaining Member & Former President, Lyric Opera of Chicago Guild Board
- Board Member, Chicago Botanic Garden Guild Board
- The Chicago Network, Member
- Economic Club of Chicago, Member
- Former Sponsor & Mentor, LINK Unlimited
- American Bar Association, Antitrust Section
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section