“very responsive, experienced and commercial”UK Legal 500 2020
Ronan Mellon is a partner in the Banking & Finance practice of the London office. He focuses on structured finance, securitisation and collateralized loan obligations. His extensive experience covers a broad range of asset classes including SME loans, trade receivables, project loans and development loans.
He also has broad project finance experience covering project bond/note issuances, private placements and hybrid (bond/note/fixed rate loan/floating rate loan) structures on both wrapped and unwrapped transactions.
Ronan represents a variety of market participants including arrangers, collateral managers, originators, servicers and investors.
Ronan joined Mayer Brown in 2022 having previously worked at three international law firms and having been seconded to three investment banks.
- Advising a number of leading UK platform lenders on their securitisations of portfolios of trade receivables and SME loans guaranteed under the Recovery Loan Scheme and the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme.*
- Advising UK, US and European CLO arrangers on the establishment and execution of CLO warehouses and CLOs.*
- Advising UK and European CLO managers on the establishment of permanent warehouses, CLO warehouses , CLOs and retention financing arrangements.*
- Advising a number of US CLO managers on the use of an originator to satisfy European risk retention requirements for US CLO warehouses and US CLOs.*
- Advising a leading UK bank as the initial purchaser of $200,000,000 of secured notes. The underlying assets were factoring, finance leases, asset-based loans, working capital loans, purchase order finance, inventory finance, trade finance, or other similar types of transactions originated predominantly by UK domiciled originators.*
- Advising a UK asset manager on the establishment of a Luxembourg securitisation with a senior loan-on-loan financed by UK bank and a mezzanine and subordinated tranche. The underlying assets were Dutch commercial real estate.*
- Advising a leading UK bank as the senior funder in respect of a EUR 400 million Securitisation Regulation compliant transaction, comprising of factoring, reverse factoring and SME loans, originated by a Spanish fintech platform.*
- Advising the arrangers and dealers on the establishment of the INR 50 billion Guaranteed MTN programme by the Kerala Infrastructure Investment Fund Board as unconditionally and irrevocably guaranteed by The Government of Kerala acting through the Finance Department of Kerala.*
- Advising the arrangers and dealers on the establishment of the INR 30 billion MTN programme by Cholamandalam Investment and Finance Limited.*
- Advising a global information technology company as the issuer in respect of the establishment of a Euro Commercial Paper programme and its affiliate in respect of amendments to its Euro Commercial Paper programme and Certificate of Deposit programme.*
- Advising the sponsor and its investors on the bond refinancing of the world-leading oncology centre at the St. James's University Teaching Hospital in Leeds, the largest teaching hospital in Europe.*
- Advising a bank and an insurance company on the bank/bond hybrid Irish Courts PPP scheme. 50% of the required funding was provided by the bank and 50% by way of a private placement solution placed with the insurance company.*
- Advising a frontier markets asset manager in relation to various series of credit linked notes backed by African and emerging market underlying assets (promissory notes/deposits/bonds) issued pursuant to certain Limited Recourse Debt Issuance Programmes in an aggregate principal amount of USD 400 million. Jurisdictions include Angola, Azerbaijan, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Gambia, Malawi, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Georgia and Armenia.*
- Advising a European bank, as arranger on a TRY 800 million Turkish covered bond programme for Sekerbank TAS and initial issuances thereunder – the first-ever covered bond programme in the Turkish market.*
- England and Wales