Katy McNeil is a partner in Mayer Brown’s Chicago office and a member of the Renewable Energy, Banking & Finance and Global Projects groups. She represents financial institutions, sponsors and developers in a wide range of project financing transactions, acquisition and divestiture of assets and other types of complex secured and unsecured financings, with a concentration on renewable and clean energy.
Katy earned her law degree, cum laude, from the University of Michigan Law School and received her Bachelor of Arts, with honors, from the University of Chicago.
- Represented Credit Suisse on a $150mm warehouse facility to Distributed Solar Development (DSD) to develop a series of commercial, industrial and distributed generation projects located across the United States.
- Represented Santander Bank, N.A. and Societe Generale in a $102 million construction loan facility to finance the construction of an approximately 100 MW (AC) solar project in Clark County, Nevada being developed by Invenergy.
- Represented Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ), an institutional investor, in its $1 billion investment commitment in Invenergy Renewables, North America's largest privately held renewable energy company. CDPQ's investment took the form of three strategic equity investments to acquire 65 percent of three global renewable energy businesses and the simultaneous offering of a $500 million mezzanine debt facility.
- Represented Kayne Anderson Capital Advisors on a construction loan facility of ~$105 million for the construction of a 98MW (DC) solar project developed by Pine Gate Renewables located in Centerfield County, SC.
- Represented the lender in an $860 million development loan for five separate utility scale solar projects, each between 180 MW(ac) and 300 MW(ac), located in Texas and California.
- Represented Longroad Energy in acquiring tax equity financing for the 242.8 MW El Campo Wind Farm in Knox County, Texas.
- Represented Santander Bank and CIT Bank in the financing of the CleanCapital acquisition of the Tahoe portfolio, a 46.9 MW portfolio of 60 commercial and industrial solar photovoltaic energy projects.
- Represented Santander Bank as part of a $52.8 million debt and tax equity financing enabling Greenwood Energy to construct a six-project, 26-megawatt solar portfolio across Florida, Vermont and New York.
- Represented GE Energy Financial Services as lender in connection with the construction financing for the 163 MW Falvez Astra Wind Project in Texas.
- Represented the lender in a $115 million credit facility to cash equity investor in portfolio of solar energy projects.
- Represented John Hancock Financial Services Inc., IFM Investors and Global Atlantic Financial Company in the back-leverage financing of solar tax equity structures. Represented BNP Paribas in connection with financing for the acquisition of Michigan Power by Rockland Capital Partners.
- Represented Invenergy LLC, as sponsor, borrower and guarantor in connection with the construction financing of a 65 MW solar facility in Nevada.
- Represented SunEdison on the financing of the 300-megawatt South Plains II wind project in Texas, including matters relating to a construction loan, structured equity investment and long-term power hedge offtake arrangement.
- Represented Invenergy LLC, as sponsor, borrower and guarantor in connection with construction financing for the 20 MW (AC) Morgans Corner Solar facility in Pasquotank County, North Carolina.
The University of Chicago, BA, with honors
University of Michigan Law School, JD, cum laude
- New York