Corporate Energy – M&A
- Acted for OMV on its agreement to establish a 50:50 joint venture with Malaysia-based major independent oil and gas company, Sapura Energy Berhad. The total enterprise value of the deal is $1.6 billion.
- Advised the Korean National Oil Corporation on the divestment of its stake in the Tolmount gas project in the UKCS.
- Advised a UKCS new entrant on an innovative deal structure involving a royalty agreement.
- Acted for a confidential PE fund on its proposed acquisition of 43.1% of the shares in North Sea Midstream Partners from Wren House.
- Advised an international operator on the disposal of a number of producing UKCS assets.
- Drafted completion documents for the £1 billion acquisition of the oil and gas business of one of Europe’s leading energy groups; drafting ancillary documents and kept up-to-date documents lists.
Corporate Energy - Upstream
- Carried out commercial review and analysis of decommissioning/abandonment drafting in asset agreements (JOAs, UUOAs and SPAs) for both current and historic assets of a multinational E&P company to drive decisions on commercial rationale for asset retention/disposal and risk mitigation.
- Acted for a confidential E&P company on its proposed entry into joint bidding arrangements to acquire interests in UKCS licences.
- Advised on issues regarding a joint operating agreement for a multinational exploration company.
- Advised an oil and gas company in relation to its decommissioning arrangements in respect of UKCS assets.
Corporate Energy – Service Sector
- Played an active role in the creation of bespoke contracting principles and supplementary negotiation guidance manuals for an expanding oil field services company.
- Involved in the drafting of a suite of global integrated contracts for an international service sector company in respect of the amalgamation of oil and gas procedures across multiple jurisdictions.
- Reviewed contracts at tender stage in order to identify and address risks to the business, and drafted qualifications to contracts relating to projects in the UKCS, Africa and the Middle East.
- Provided summaries of contractual and commercial issues to senior management.
- Led multiple work streams as part of a project team tasked with carrying out an intercompany transfer, which was being completed in line with a group simplification drive.
- Advised Antin Infrastructure Partners on the sale of Kellas Midstream to a consortium of BlackRock, a leading institutional investor, and GIC, Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund.
- Acted for iCON Infrastructure on its acquisition a leading Irish specialist care provider, Nua Healthcare. Responsible for negotiating the W&I insurance policy as well as drafting and negotiating transaction and equity documentation.
- Acted for Mid-Europa Partners on its sale of Walmark to STADA AG. Responsible for preparing signing packs and signing checklists and managing local counsel in respect of a disposal which arose due to Hungarian competition authority requirements.
University of Aberdeen, Diploma in Professional Legal Practice
University of Aberdeen, Master of Laws, Oil and Gas Law
Glasgow Caledonian University, Bachelor of Laws
- Former Vice President, Energy Institute Young Professionals Network
- Member, Association of International Petroleum Negotiators