Katheryn McCarthy serves clients on a spectrum of real estate transactions, including representing institutional lenders, life insurance companies, venture capital firms, small businesses and non-profits in the following areas:
- Leasing of Office and Biotechnology spaces
- Financing of Office, Retail, Hospitality, Multi-Family Properties, and Private Schools
- Joint ventures
Katheryn previously worked at another major international law firm, and served as an extern to Judge Kim McClane Wardlaw, United States Court Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
- A large lender group in securing a $2 billion financing involving multiple tiers of debt with security instruments on approximately 55 institutional properties in 15 states.
- A real estate investment trust in negotiating a ground lease with a publicly traded logistics company.
- Major iInsurance company lender in numerous loan modifications related to the impacts of COVID-19.
- Real Estate Investment Trust in numerous lease modifications related to the impacts of COVID-19.
- Insurance company lender in a $300 million mortgage loan secured by an outdoor mall and first class office property.
- Insurance company lender in a $175 million mortgage loan secured by a luxury resort.
- Institutional lender in the origination and subsequent upsize of a $220 million mortgage loan secured by a downtown Los Angeles high- rise building.
- Institutional lender in a $360 million mortgage loan secured by a high- profile outdoor mall in Los Angeles.
- Institutional lender in a $368 million portfolio mortgage loan secured by office properties.
- Institutional lead lender in the restructuring of a $98 million construction loan in receivership.
- Investor in assessing multiple complex development projects.
- Investor in establishing a $100 million “platform” for investments with an identified partner.
- Investor in assessing and amending multiple joint venture agreements to account for changed circumstances such as manager default and additional preferred equity “bail out” contributions.
- Homebuilders in the acquisition of raw land for development.
- Purchaser of a manufacturing business in negotiating a single tenant lease for continued operation of the existing facility.
- Publicly -traded real estate investment trust in negotiating multiple site leases with major supermarket chains.
- Institutional lender in originating a mortgage loan to a vacation club secured by vacation club properties, including (in conjunction with bankruptcy attorneys) through subsequent bankruptcy of the vacation club borrower and full repayment of secured debt.
- Institutional lender in negotiating a forbearance agreement and deed in lieu of foreclosure for a mixed use property in Oregon.
- Institutional lender in the judicial foreclosure of a mortgage loan secured by a hotel.
- Investor in the purchase of a defaulted mortgage loan from an institutional lender and subsequent foreclosure of the security instrument.
University of Southern California Gould School of Law, JD
Order of the Coif; Staff, Southern California Law Review
University of Notre Dame
- Consultative Board for Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary School in Pasadena from 2012-2017
- Board of Directors for Sierra Madre Girls’ Softball Association from 2019-2021
- Odyssey of the Mind Coach 2019-2021
- California Real Estate Broker's License
- Received the “Outstanding Young Lawyer Award” from the Real Property Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association.