David Malinger represents real estate companies, including real estate investment trusts, and other financial institutions, in private and public securities offerings, mergers of publicly and privately held corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies and other entities, stock and asset acquisitions and divestitures, corporate and partnership liquidations and reorganizations and general corporate governance and compliance. He also represents real estate fund sponsors in fund formation and similar investment platforms. He has broad experience in the restructurings, distressed investment, formation and investment activity of private equity real estate opportunity funds, restructurings, divestitures, buyouts and other transactions involving both publicly traded and privately held companies, and strategic joint ventures, acquisitions, dispositions and development of significant properties and portfolios, both in the United States and in cross-border transactions. He has a particular focus on an Australian REIT with significant investments in the US real estate market. David has represented numerous REITs over the course of his career.
- Represented Prologis in its acquisition of DCT Industrial Trust Inc., a leading industrial real estate company specializing in the ownership, development, acquisition and leasing of high-quality distribution assets in logistics markets, for $8.4 billion in a stock-for-stock transaction, including the assumption of debt.
- Represented Prologis in its $5.9 billion acquisition of the real estate assets and operating platform of KTR Capital Partners and its affiliates. The real estate assets will be acquired by Prologis U.S. Logistics Venture, a 55-45 consolidated joint venture with Norges Bank Investment Management, manager of the Norwegian Government Pension Fund Global.
Represented Prologis in its acquisition of the real estate assets and operating platform of KTR Capital Partners and its affiliates by Prologis U.S. Logistics Venture, a 55-45 consolidated joint venture with Norges Bank Investment Management, manager of the Norwegian Government Pension Fund Global.
- Represented Prologis in its acquisition of Class-A logistics and retail assets from Morris Realty Associates LLC for operating partnership units and Prologis, L.P.
- Represented Prologis in its merger with AMB Realty Corporation.
- Represented AMLI Residential Properties Trust in its sale to PRIME Property Fund.
- Represented Xanterra Parks and Resorts, Inc. in its sale to The Anschutz Company.
- Represented Amerivest Properties Inc. in its sale and liquidation.
- Represented Cabot Industrial Trust in its sale to Calwest.
- Represented Archstone Communities Trust in its merger with Charles E. Smith Residential Realty.
- Represented Urban Shopping Centers, Inc. in its merger with Rodamco North America NV.
Drake University Law School, JD, with high honorsOrder of the Coif; Editor-in-Chief, Drake Law Review
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, BS