Companies benefit from Ryan Lawrence's extensive experience advising on corporate governance and securities law matters across a range of industries. He represents buyers and sellers in connection with stock and asset acquisitions and divestitures, public and private mergers, tender and exchange offers, joint ventures, and venture capital and other private equity investments.
Clients also benefit from Ryan's hands-on experience as general counsel at Avant and Shift Technologies, Inc., deputy general counsel of corporate at Cushman & Wakefield, assistant general counsel at Royal Caribbean and chief legal officer at Textura, where he led the legal effort in its 2013 initial public offering and 2016 sale to Oracle.
- Represented Textura Corporation, a publicly listed provider of a suite of collaboration cloud services to the commercial construction industry, as its Chief Legal Officer, in its $663 million sale to Oracle.
- Represented Textura Corporation, as its Chief Legal Officer, in its $86 million initial public offering and listing on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Represented Northern Trust in its acquisition of hedge fund administrator Omnium LLC from Citadel.
- Represented ProLogis, a publicly held REIT, in its merger of equals combination with AMB Property Corporation.
- Represented Mead Johnson Nutrition Company in its $7.7 billion split off from Bristol-Myers Squibb Company.
- Represented SPSS Inc., a publicly-held software company headquartered in Chicago, in its acquisition by IBM for a total cash consideration of approximately $1.2 billion.
- Represented Société Générale in the sale of its U.S. operational leasing and fleet management business to Merchants Automotive Group, Inc.
- Represented the majority owners of Edline LLC, a leading provider of technology solutions and services to the K-12 education market, in the sale of Edline to the private equity firm Providence Equity Partners.
- Represented Northern Trust in its acquisition of Waterline Partners, LLC, a Los Angeles investment advisory firm.
- Represented Terra Industries Inc. in the sale of its Texas methanol and nitrogen business to Eastman Chemical Company.
- Represented Yum! Brands, Inc., a publicly held quick service restaurant company, in (i) its acquisition of the naming rights and other sponsorship rights related to the new KFC Yum! Center in Louisville, Kentucky, and (ii) its extension of an agreement with Churchill Downs Inc. under which Yum is the presenting sponsor of the Kentucky Derby.
- Represented Chemtura Corporation in the sale of its EPDM and chemical foaming agent businesses.
- Represented La Rabida Children’s Hospital in its affiliation arrangement with the University of Chicago Medical Center.
- Represented a European private equity fund in the acquisition of an operator of senior care campuses.
- Represented Groupe BPI, a European human resources consulting and people management firm, in its purchase of a majority interest in Scherer Schneider Paulick LLC (SSP), a career transition and executive coaching firm.
- Represented Clarity Communication Systems Inc., a private company that sells value-added applications for mobile networks and devices, in its merger with ISCO International, Inc., an AMEX-listed company which provides radio-frequency management and interference-control systems for the wireless telecommunications industry.
- Represented Edline LLC, a provider of website, portal and online classroom solutions, in connection with its acquisition of the assets (including the Easy Grade Pro software) of Orbis Software, Inc.
- Represented Elgin National Industries, Inc., a provider of industrial equipment, specialty fastener products and engineering/construction services, in the sale of a majority interest in the company to GFI Energy Ventures LLC, a private equity firm.
University of Illinois Chicago School of Law, JD, cum laude
Member, Law Review
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, BS