Derek Leung is a senior associate of Mayer Brown. Derek focuses on real estate finance matters, including land resumption, surrender and regrant, real estate investment trust (REIT), compulsory order for sale, acquisition of agricultural land, loan agreement and security documents, commercial/corporate mortgages, debentures, sale and purchase of real estate, and tenancy matters. He has advised governments and other related organisations, developers, funds, banking institutions, and borrowers on land grant, acquisitions, deed of mutual covenant, banking and project finance transactions. Derek speaks English and Cantonese.
- Acted for a real estate investment fund in the purchase of numerous retail and office units at Sai Yeung Choi Street South, Kowloon.
- Acted on the HK$305 million financing the acquisition and construction of a commercial building at Stanley Street, Central.
- Acted on the HK$264 million financing the acquisition of numerous units at Sze Shan Street, Yau Tong.
- Acted on the HK$135.6 million financing the acquisition of numerous retail units at Queen's Road West.
- Acted for a local developer in the surrender of numerous lots in So Kwun Wat, Tuen Mun to the Government.
- Acted for a local developer in the leasing of a Grade A office building at Queen's Road Central.
- Acted for a local developer in the leasing of the commercial development of an office building in Des Voeux Road Central.
The University of Hong Kong, LLB
The University of Hong Kong, PCLL
- Hong Kong