LJ Kwok is an associate in the Employment & Benefits practice in Mayer Brown's Hong Kong office.
LJ advises on all aspects of employment law, including recruitment and termination issues, compliance with the Employment Ordinance, anti-discrimination, and data privacy legislations. He also handles a range of employment disputes and discrimination complaints, and has experience in conducting legal proceedings in the Labour Tribunal, the District Court and the High Court of Hong Kong.
LJ speaks English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Acted for a major airline in defence of a union discrimination, unlawful dismissal and wrongful dismissal claim in the High Court.
- Acted for an asset management company in defending a claim for the payment of a substantial bonus brought by a former senior employee in the High Court.
- Acted for an exclusive members' club in defence of a disability discrimination claim brought by a former employee in the District Court.
- Acted for a tertiary institution in defence of a wrongful dismissal claim brought by a former employee in the Labour Tribunal.
- Acted for a tertiary institution in defence of a claim brought by an existing employee for discretionary performance pay in the Labour Tribunal.
- Advised an international secondary school in an EOC claim brought by a parent of a former student for disability discrimination.
- Advised the operating company of a longstanding landmark restaurant on a high profile redundancy exercise.
- Advised a multinational hotel group and a large restaurant group on the restructuring of labour force.
- Conducted and coordinated a multi-jurisdictional review of a global template consultancy agreement for a fintech trading platform operator.
- Advised a multinational financial services company on the termination of a senior employee.
- Advised major real estate developers, banks and other clients on the review of employment contracts and other employment related documentation.
- Advised clients on managing sick and pregnant employees, protection of confidential information, enforcement of restrictive covenants and variation of terms of employment.
City University of Hong Kong, PCLL
Queen Mary, University of London, LLB
- Hong Kong