Andrew Koon is a senior associate in the Corporate & Securities practice in Mayer Brown's Hong Kong office.
Clients turn to Andrew for his extensive experience in completing complex corporate transactions to achieve the clients' business goals and in advising on regulatory compliance matters.
Andrew advises clients, including issuers and underwriters, in initial public offerings on The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited. He also represents clients in other equity offerings in Hong Kong, including subsequent issues of securities, rights issue and placing of securities.
In addition, Andrew helps clients on joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, and privatizations. Clients also rely on his advice on corporate governance and regulatory compliance matters, particularly on matters relating to the Hong Kong Listing Rules and the Takeovers Code.
Hong Kong Initial Public Offerings and Transfer of Listing
- Advised BNP Paribas Securities (Asia) Limited on the global offering and listing of Aquila Acquisition Corporation, being the first-ever SPAC listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.*
- Advised BNP Paribas Securities (Asia) Limited on the global offering and listing of JL MagRare-Earth Co., Limited on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.*
- Advised Most Kwai Chung Limited on its share offer and listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Advised Wine’s Link International Holdings Limited on its share offer and listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Advised Thelloy Development Group Limited on the transfer of listing from GEM to the Main Board on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Advised the sponsor / underwriters on the share offer and listing of MEIGU Technology Holding Group Limited on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Advised the sponsor / underwriters on the global offering and listing of Lanzhou Zhuangyuan Pasture Co., Limited on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
Equity Capital Market Transactions
- Advised Citigroup Global Markets Limited on a placing of existing shares and top-up subscription for new shares of China MeiDong Auto Holdings Limited.
- Advised Sky Light Holdings Limited and its controlling shareholder on a placing of existing shares and top-up subscription for new shares.
- Advised BNP Paribas Securities (Asia) Limited on a placing of existing shares and top-up subscription for new shares of Logan Group Company Limited.*
- Advised Risecomm Group Holdings Limited on a rights issue on the basis of one rights share for every two shares held on the record date.
- Advised the controlling shareholder of AK Medical Holdings Limited on its placing of existing shares.
- Advised AK Medical Holdings Limited and its controlling shareholder on a placing of existing shares and top-up subscription for new shares.
- Advised Langham Hospitality Investments and Langham Hospitality Investments Limited on a rights issue on the basis of one rights share stapled unit for every two share stapled units held on the record date.
- Advised Link REIT, Asia’s largest real estate investment trust, on its acquisition of the office building at 25 Cabot Square in Canary Wharf, London from HGR Liquidating Trust (formerly Hines Global REIT) for £380 million (subject to adjustment). It is Link REIT’s first acquisition in the UK.
- Advised a leading Hong Kong property developer on its disposal of its shares in a subsidiary, being the holding company of a property located at a prime location in Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, constituting a very substantial disposal under the Hong Kong Listing Rules.
- Advised ESR Group Limited, through its wholly-owned subsidiary, on the formation of a joint venture with Chinachem Group (Chinachem), with a total capital commitment from shareholders of up to HK$14 billion (approx. US$1.79 billion), to develop a prime cold storage and logistics facility in Kwai Chung, Hong Kong.
- Advised BNP Paribas Securities (Asia) Limited, being the financial adviser to Shanghai Electric Group Company Limited and its wholly-owned subsidiary, on the privatisation of Shanghai Prime Machinery Company Limited by way of merger by absorption.
- Advised Wang On Properties Limited on its formation of a joint venture incidental to a deemed disposal of its shares in a subsidiary, constituting a discloseable transaction.
- Advised leading financial institutions in the making of a voluntary conditional cash offer to acquire the entire issued share capital of a leading outdoor advertisement agency in China listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, and to cancel all its outstanding options, with an aggregate offer value of approximately HK$3.8 billion.
- Advised APAC Resources Limited on a conditional cash offer to repurchase its shares and involving an application for whitewash waiver.
- Advised an individual on an unconditional mandatory general offer to acquire all the issued shares in Aurum Pacific (China) Group Limited.
Listing Rules Compliance Experience
- Assisted in Listing Rules compliance matters for a range of Hong Kong listed companies, including a Chinese multinational technology company and AK Medical Holdings Limited.
City University of Hong Kong, PCLL
The College of Law, Sydney, Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
University of New South Wales, Bachelor of Commerce/Laws
- Hong Kong
- New South Wales Australia