Corporate & Securities, Mergers & Acquisitions, Insurance
Clients look to Hilary's experience with insurance companies, insurance agencies/brokerages and other insurance intermediaries, including underwritten title companies, and service contract providers and administrators on a broad range of insurance regulatory matters.
- Advised an underwritten title company on licensing and various regulatory matters.
- Assisted in the representation of a start-up mortgage guaranty insurer with a 50-state licensing project, including obtaining licensure for the insurer.
- Assisted in the representation of a large title insurer in connection with a series of internal restructuring and external acquisitions requiring various regulatory filings, including state antitrust filings (Form Es) for the insurer and ownership change filings for its title and escrow company and appraisal management company subsidiaries.
- Advised surplus line brokers on licensing and compliance issues, including producer compensation issues.
- Provided regulatory guidance to life reinsurance company in obtaining regulatory approvals in connection with an acquisition.
- Assisted in obtaining regulatory approval for the domestication of a U.S. branch of an alien insurer and provided regulatory guidance on making merger filings in all states where the US branch was licensed.
- Assisted in the redomestication of a title insurer.
- University of California, Los Angeles, BA, summa cum laude
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law, JD
- New York