Maria Eugenia Kanazawa is an associate in the Anti-Corruption & Compliance practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown in the São Paulo office. She has experience in the coordination of internal investigations and interaction with public authorities and provides advice in cases related to potential violation of domestic and foreign anti-corruption legislation and enforcement of disciplinary measures.
Maria Eugenia also practices in the implementation and review of compliance programs, as well as Anti-Corruption & Compliance due diligence in the context of M&A transactions and risk assessment.
With more than 10 years of experience in the tax area, Maria Eugenia has a solid background in tax matters and focuses her practice on indirect taxes and international trade, especially in trade compliance and interaction with customs and regulatory agents.
Before joining Tauil & Chequer Advogados, Maria Eugenia practiced for more than a decade in a prestigious law firm in São Paulo.
- Coordination of internal investigations. Her experience includes investigations in multinational companies from the oil & gas, infrastructure, information technology, commodities and consumer goods sectors.
- Conducting of Anti-Corruption & Compliance due diligence in third parties and in the context of M&A transactions.
- Implementation and review of codes of conduct.
- Risk assessment and elaboration, improvement, and adaptation of compliance programs and policies according to Brazilian legislation, including implementation, training and supervision of their operation.
- Drafting and review of commercial agreements from an Anticorruption & Compliance perspective.
- Crisis management focused on corporate reputational risk.
King's College London, LLM in International Tax Law
Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV/SP), Post-Graduate Degree in Tax Law
Pontifical Catholic University of São Paulo (PUC-SP), Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)