Michael Kahn is an associate in Mayer Brown’s New York office. He focuses his practice on complex real estate financing, joint venture, and acquisition deals. He has represented various financial institutions in single-lender and multi-lender commercial real estate transactions, including construction and development projects, asset-backed lending and unsecured line of credit transactions. He has also advised property owners in acquisition, joint venture, and financing transactions. In addition to his private practice work, Mike has also worked in a major U.S. national bank’s commercial real estate group, which provides him with additional perspective on the client’s business and operational needs in structuring and closing lending transactions.
Mike joined Mayer Brown in 2018, and previously worked for another international law firm.
- Representation of international boutique hotel investor in the purchase of their first US asset for $15.5 Million, a 147 room hotel on Manhattan’s East Side.
- Representation of an international bank on a $320 Million loan secured by a 643 room luxury golf resort hotel in South Florida.
- Representation of an international bank as a tenant on the expansion of its branch network to various new locations around the United States.
- Representation of an international bank on a $129 Million loan secured by an 11 property portfolio of logistics centers in the Southeast United States.
- Representation of an international bank on the purchase of an interest in a $1.025 Billion syndicated loan together with retenanting and repositioning of a lower-Manhattan office tower.
- Represented an international bank as administrative agent in a $600 million syndicated loan on a New York office property to refinance prior debt.
- Represented an international bank as administrative agent in a $375 million syndicated loan towards the construction of two office towers in San Francisco to host the new headquarters for a major technology company.
- Represented an international bank in issuance of a $240 million letter of credit to provide credit enhancement for bonds issued by the City and County of San Francisco to finance the construction of an affordable housing and luxury apartment hi-rise tower as part of a multi-building planned mixed-use development.
- Represented an international bank as an A-Note member in a $395 million syndicated senior loan facility as part of a $473 million total facility for the construction of Manhattan luxury condominiums.
- Represented the owner of a single-tenant office property in South Carolina in the workout of a CMBS loan with the special servicer.
- Represented a property owner in the restructure of its tenancy-in-common ownership structure regarding a New York City property, purchase of a co-investor’s ownership interests, and refinance of the property’s existing debt.
- Represented an equity partner in connection with the restructure of one joint venture and acquisition of additional memberships in a different joint venture.
- Represented an international bank in a $220 million acquisition loan on a trophy retail center in Beverly Hills.
- Represented a developer in the assemblage and financing of lots for a proposed New York City multifamily project.
- Represented a lender in connection with the establishment of a warehouse facility for lending to purchasers of affordable cooperative apartments.
Cornell University, BS
Fordham University School of Law, JD
- New York