James Ioannou is an associate in the Banking & Finance practice of the London office. He acts for sponsors, borrowers, funds, banks and other participants in the capital stack on a broad range of debt finance transactions where the underlying asset often has a real estate focus. James also has experience advising clients on structured finance transactions as well as restructuring matters.
James joined Mayer Brown in 2022.
Some of James’ recent deal experience includes the following:
- A US sponsor in relation to various financing matters and a restructuring concerning real estate assets in Poland.
- An American bank on a string of investment and development facilities in relation to the acquisition of assets (including hotels and student accommodation) throughout Europe.
- A US sponsor on financing the acquisition and development of a portfolio of logistics assets throughout London and the south of England.
- A US fund as lender on an investment grade facility secured against luxury retirement living assets in London.
- A European fund as lender in relation to the development of a prime real estate asset in London.
University of Kent, BA
University of Law, LPC
- England and Wales