'Rising Star'Legal 500 2023
Harriet Hainsworth is a senior associate in the Corporate & Securities practice of the London office. She joined Mayer Brown in 2012 as a trainee and undertakes a broad range of corporate transactions with a focus on equity capital markets, public and private M&A and corporate governance. As a member of the Public Companies & Capital Markets team, she advises a number of quoted companies and financial intermediaries on the Listing Rules and Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules, the Prospectus Regulation Rules, the AIM Rules, the Takeover Code and general company law.
Capital markets and fundraisings
- Advised Numis Securities as sponsor, sole bookrunner and debt adviser on the IPO and premium listing of Seraphine Group on the main market of the London Stock Exchange.
- Advised biotech Lunglife AI, a diagnostic company, on its AIM IPO.
- Advised Investec Bank plc as sponsor (and Investec and Peel Hunt as joint broker) in connection with a placing by JD Sports Fashion plc conducted through an accelerated bookbuild process.
- Advised Velocys plc on various acquisitions and fundraisings to support the ongoing development of its Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF) projects in Bayou, Mississippi and Immingham, UK.
- Advised Beazley plc on its institutional placing led by JP Morgan Cazenove.
- Advised Investec Bank plc as sponsor, broker and bookrunner on the IPO of Hollywood Bowl Group on the premium segment of the Official List and the main market of the London Stock Exchange; and on subsequent capital raisings.
- Advised Shearwater Group plc on its reverse takeover of Brookcourt Solutions, funded by a placing.
- Advised IG Design Group plc, the consumer gift packaging business, on an accelerated bookbuild placing to acquire 100 percent of the equity interest in CSS Industries, Inc., a US-based designer and manufacturer of craft, seasonal and gift products.
- Advised Peel Hunt and Panmure Gordon on Blancco Technology plc's placing.
- Advised Entertainment One on its placing to fund the acquisition of Audio Network.
- Advised Oxford BioDynamics on its admission to AIM.
- Advised Entertainment One Limited on its rights issue to fund the acquisition of the majority of Astley Baker Davies Limited, the UK-based creator and producer of Peppa Pig.
- Advised Cornish Lithium plc on a landmark investment made by a group of leading institutional investors, including the UK Infrastructure Bank, the US-based Energy & Minerals Group (EMG) and TechMet (Cornish Lithium’s largest institutional investor).
Mergers and acquisitions
- Advised VAALCO Energy, Inc. on its business combination with TransGlobe Energy Corporation to create a world-class African-focused exploration & production company listed on exchanges in New York and London, with assets located in Egypt, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea and Canada.
- Advised Assured Guaranty on its asset management business combination with Sound Point Capital Management.
- Advised Klesch Group on the acquisition of the Kalundborg refinery in Denmark from Equinor.
- Advised on the sale of Entertainment One to Hasbro, Inc.
- Represented Switch Mobility Limited, an electrified commercial vehicles company, in an investment agreement and a supply agreement with Dana Incorporated, a global leader in drivetrain and e-propulsion systems, in a transaction to support its e-bus and EV commercial vehicle offering.
- Advised Volga Gas, an AIM-quoted, independent oil and gas exploration and production group, in its sale to GEM Capital Holdings (CY) Ltd.
- Advised Eland Oil & Gas on its sale to Seplat Petroleum.
- Advised Toro Gold Limited on its sale to Resolute Mining Limited.
- Advised Sumitomo Metal Mining on the acquisition of a 30% stake in the Quebrada Blanco phase 2 Copper development in Chile.
- Advised Wells Fargo & Company on its agreement to purchase GE Capital’s Commercial Distribution Finance and Vendor Finance platforms, as well as a portion of its Corporate Finance business.
- Advised Entertainment One on the acquisition of a 70% shareholding in WhizzKid Entertainment and on the acquisition of 49% of The Mark Gordon Company.
Kaplan Law School, LPC
The College of Law, Moorgate, GDL
London School of Economics and Political Science, History
- England and Wales
- Listed as a Rising star for Equity Capital Markets and TMT. Mark Prinsley heads up the technology-focused London offering, while the firm also provides corporate support on technology matters, with Richard Page and senior associate Harriet Hainsworth key figures for transactions and acquisitions. (Legal 500 2023).
- Listed as a key lawyer for Insurance, Corporate and Regulatory, Equity Capital Markets and TMT. She is also listed as a 'Rising star' for Equity Capital Markets and TMT.
- Listed as a key lawyer for Equity Capital Markets and TMT and listed as a Rising star for TMT. 'Also notable is senior associate Harriet Hainsworth, who has expertise in corporate matters in the area.' (TMT) (Legal 500 2021).