Juliet Gunev is an associate in Mayer Brown's Los Angeles office and a member of the Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice. Her practice focuses on the counselling and defense of corporations and individuals in anti-corruption enforcement matters and advising on the prevention, mitigation and investigation of FCPA and other compliance risks. She has experience advising US and multinational companies on the design and implementation of global anti-corruption compliance programs and in conducting internal investigations and responding to government inquiries on behalf of major companies.
Juliet also brings unique international and practical in-house experience in Asia and the Americas, via her previous role as a specialist anti-corruption attorney in global resource company BHP's Ethics & Compliance function, where she was based in teams in Melbourne, Australia, and Houston, Texas. Prior to joining Mayer Brown Juliet also practiced as an associate at an international law firm based in Melbourne, Australia.
- Advising a variety of global companies with high risk corruption jurisdiction footprint on the design and implementation of anti-corruption and human rights compliance programs and related internal policies/controls.
- Individual representations including of senior executives in relation to a multi-jurisdictional US Department of Justice and Securities and Exchange Commission FCPA investigations.
- Conducting anti-corruption investigations and proactive reviews including in relation to third party agent relationships in jurisdictions including Africa and Latin America.
- Delivering strategic merger and acquisition related anti-corruption and integrity due diligence reviews for a variety of global issuers and US private companies.
Melbourne Law School, JD
University of Melbourne, BA
- New York
- Not admitted in California. Practicing under the supervision of firm principals.