Gonzalo D.V. Go III is an associate in Mayer Brown’s Corporate & Securities practice. He advises issuers, investment banks and sponsors in public and private offerings of equity and debt securities, including initial public offerings; follow-on offerings; investment grade, high-yield debt offerings; covered bonds; real estate investment trusts and structured products linked to equities, commodities, interest rates, currencies and other underlying assets.
G earned his LLM from Columbia Law School, where he served as a student senator and graduated as the class speaker, a Harlan Fiske Stone scholar and a recipient of the Parker School Recognition of Achievement in International and Comparative Law. He earned his JD, with honors, from the Ateneo Law School and his BS in Accountancy, with honors, from De La Salle University.
G’s prior professional experiences include being (i) a capital markets associate in another global law firm in New York, (ii) the legal director of a multinational fast-food chain headquartered in the Philippines, where he gained extensive experience in managing legal risks in various business activities such as business development and expansion, customer relations, operations, real estate, franchising, marketing, human resources, purchasing, finance, corporate communications, tax and government relations, (iii) a member of the faculty of the Ateneo Law School and (iv) a tax associate in a tier-one law firm in the Philippines. G is also a lawyer and a certified public accountant in the Philippines.
- Advised issuers on shelf registration statements and medium term note programs and issuances exempt from registration under Rule 144A and Regulation S.
- Advised issuers, investment banks and sponsors in public and private offerings of equity and debt securities, including initial public offerings; follow-on offerings; investment grade, high-yield debt offerings; covered bonds; real estate investment trusts and structured products linked to equities, commodities, interest rates, currencies and other underlying assets.
- Advised online U.S. lending company in its public and private offerings of debt, securities of structured investment and specialized operating vehicles, and securities repackagings.
Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestments
- Advised on term sheet, joint venture agreement and side agreements of a Taiwanese business acquisition.
- Advised on the legal mechanics in the operational cessation of some business units in the Philippines’ largest multinational fastfood chain.
- Advised on the framework agreement in acquiring a controlling interest in a hot pot fast food chain in China.
- Advised on the divestment agreement concerning a beef noodle business in Taiwan.
Franchising and Licensing
- Advised franchising units of the Philippines’ largest multinational fastfood chain on all legal issues in implementing their respective franchise agreements.
- Assisted in drafting its standard franchise agreement across all brands.
- Advised on the licensing agreement for the operation of its Taiwanese subsidiary in China.
- Advised on various franchise agreement violation and pre-termination notices.
- Led the intellectual properties management practice of the Philippines’ largest multinational fastfood chain.
- Authored and implemented its intellectual properties management policy.
- Managed its global filing of trademark registration applications.
- Managed its intellectual property enforcement and litigation, office actions responses, and Declarations of Actual Use global submissions.
- Developed and conducted internal trainings on intellectual property awareness and protection.
Columbia Law School, LLM, Class Speaker; Harlan Fiske Stone scholar; Parker School Recognition of Achievement in International and Comparative Law
Ateneo de Manila University, JD, second honors
De La Salle University, BS Accountancy, Honorable Mention; Gold Medal for Outstanding Student Leadership
- New York
- Asian American Bar Association of New York
- Filipino American Lawyers Association of New York
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association