Clients highlight Jorge's commitment to practical and effective legal advice through a detail-oriented technical approach combined with a pragmatic perspective, so that each transaction is conducted efficiently and tailored to the client's specific needs.
Jorge has also experience in due diligence processes and compliance analysis in the banking and financial services sector in Mexico, offering an integral service to his clients in the dynamic legal and financial industries, providing analysis and legal solutions that enhance security and mitigate risks for his clients in the context of their operations.
- Represented BNP Paribas New York Branch in connection with a non-possessory pledge agreement over inventory (computer equipment, different gadgets and other hardware and software) located and stored in Mexico. The pledge secures both a senior and junior uncommitted revolving credit facilities (up to US$292 million) granted by BNP Paribas to a certain Delaware limited partnership.
- Represented Goldman Sachs Bank USA as administrative agent and arranger in the restructuring of the Warehouse Financing of a MXN$5,000 million senior secured revolving credit facility to Mercado Lending, S.A. de C.V. (Mercado Crédito). Mercado Crédito is the fintech unit of Mercado Libre, providing credit to both its parent company's customers and users of its online payment platform, Mercado Pago.
- Represented AM Partners, S.A. de C.V., SOFOM, E.N.R. and AMF Mezzanine México, S. de R.L. de C.V. (Alloy Merchant Finance) as lenders, in the structured financing (Warehouse Financing) to that certain Mexican commercial entity, as originator, guarantor and portfolio asset servicer, for an amount of up to MXN$250 million. The collateral consists of credit rights derived from pure lease agreements on transportation (automotive) equipment (including the underlying promissory notes) and secured by a non-possessory pledge agreement.
- Represented that certain fintech company in the review and negotiation of financial derivative master agreements in over-the-counter (OTC) markets, entered with Mexican and foreign financial institutions, along with the respective credit support agreement.
- Represented AM Partners, S.A. de C.V., SOFOM, E.N.R. and AMF Mezzanine México, S. de R.L. de C.V. (Alloy Merchant Finance) as lenders, in the structured financing (Warehouse Financing) to that certain Mexican financial entity, as originator, guarantor and portfolio asset servicer, for an amount of up to MXN$225 million. The collateral consists of credit rights derived from group, payroll, and directed (domiciled) loan agreements (including the underlying promissory notes) granted by the borrower to pensioners and retirees.
- Represented Alloy Merchant Finance LLC (Alloy) as borrower, AMF Mezzanine Mexico, S. de R.L. de C.V. (Alloy) as originator, guarantor and portfolio asset servicer and Alloy MF Gestión, S. de R.L. de C.V. (Alloy) as guarantor, in a US$100 million loan and servicing agreement granted by Victory Park Capital. Alloy will use the loan to offer structured financial loans in Mexico.
- Represented CLSPIII Fund, as lender, in a US$4 million loan granted to a leading company in the distilled beverage business. The facility was secured by a pledge of shares and included a promissory note.
- Supported the representation of Grupo Casa Lumbre and its current shareholders in a capital investment made by different Mexican and foreign investors in an amount up to USD$75,000,000 through (i) the acquisition of certain investors of a significant minority equity participation in a holding company; and (ii) an Investment, Management and Business Activities Trust entered by a Casa Lumbre entity, as General Partner, Banco Actinver, as trustee, and other investors, as Limited Partners. Casa Lumbre is a leading company in the spirits industry and the funds contributed to the holding company and the trust will be used by Grupo Casa Lumbre as investment in different spirits beverage projects and companies.
- Supported the representation of L Catterton in the acquisition of a 32% equity interest in Crediclub, S.A. de C.V., S.F.P. The closing of the transaction is subject to the approvals of the National Banking and Securities Commission and the antitrust agency in Mexico.
- Represented Licores y Destilados Gran Malo, S.A.P.I. de C.V., producer and distributor of Licor Gran Malo®, and its existing shareholders in the acquisition by Productos Finos de Agave, S.A. de C.V. of a minority stake in the Company.
- Represented Goldman Sachs Bank USA in the US$50,000,000 Whole Loans purchase to Red Amigo DAL, S.A.P.I. de C.V., SOFOM, E.N.R. ("Konfío"), a Mexican financial services company (Fintech) for small and medium-sized companies.
- Represented Banco Santander, S.A. (Spain) in the factoring agreement entered with a leading telecommunications company.
- Supported the representation of MUFG Bank, LTD, in the risk assessment due diligence for receivables factoring transactions in México, delimiting the applicable national regulatory framework.
- Supported the representation of Bulkmatic de México, S. de R.L. as borrower in a US$93.5 million syndicated loan, the proceeds of which were used for working capital and refinancing.
- Conducted due diligence for Goldman Sachs International Bank in connection with a US$25 million Secured Loan granted to NuBn Servicios Mexico, S.A. de C.V (NuBank Mexico) as borrower and other affiliates as guarantors. The Credit Agreement is governed under New York law and include Mexican promissory notes.
- Conducted due diligence for Goldman Sachs Bank USA in the financial services regulatory compliance assessment under Mexican law of PayClip, S. de R.L. de C.V., a company part of the payment processing network (Redes de Medios de Disposición) in Mexico. This activity includes the agreements, protocols, instruments, interfaces, rules, systems, infrastructure and other related elements that are jointly regulated by the National Banking and Securities Commission (Comisión Nacional Bancaria y de Valores) and the Mexican Central Bank (Banco de México).
- Supported the representation Scotiabank, as lender, in a MXN$400 million senior loan granted to MXT Tucan Towers, S.A.P.I. de C.V. The funds will be used for the acquisition by the borrower of telecommunication towers in Mexico.
- Ryan Specialty Group on the update of administrative measures undertaken by the National Insurance and Bonding Commission (Comisión Nacional de Seguros y Fianzas) derived from COVID-19 ("Covid-19 International Insurance Regulatory Actions").
Escuela Libre de Derecho, Attorney-at-law with honors for the Thesis