Tyler R. Ferguson
Restructuring, Distressed Real Estate, Special Situations
Tyler Ferguson is a partner in the Chicago office of Mayer Brown and is a member of the firm’s Restructuring practice. Tyler has substantial experience in complex insolvency matters, including out-of-court restructurings and recapitalizations, bankruptcy proceedings, insurance company receiverships, and default-related litigation. Tyler typically represents companies, investors, administrative agents, trustees and other stakeholders in a wide range of distressed scenarios involving a variety of industries, including real estate, energy, technology, food and beverage, transportation, manufacturing, aviation, hospitality, and mining.
Tyler’s representative matters include:
- The senior lender for a $130 million loan in connection with the restructuring of a mezzanine debt on a luxury multi-family property.
- A lender in connection with the foreclosure of a $230 million mortgage loan on an office building property.
- The administrative agent for a $295 million mortgage loan in connection with a distressed office building.
- The original administrative agent and lead lender, under a $200 million multi-lender first lien secured facility to FrontPoint Security Solutions, LLC, a major alarm security company, and its affiliates. This transaction was awarded “Industrials Deal of the Year” at The M&A Advisor’s 2021 Turnaround Awards.
- Elmhurst College, BA, summa cum laude
- University of Illinois College of Law, JD, magna cum laude
Administrative Editor, Elder Law Journal
- US Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of Illinois
- US District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- US District Court for the District of Colorado
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Professional & Community Involvement
- American Bankruptcy Institute; Turnaround Management Association