Todd Davidovits is a senior associate and an experienced intellectual property, technology, and entertainment lawyer. Todd was previously Anheuser-Busch’s Associate General Counsel, IP. In his role as head of intellectual property for Anheuser-Busch, Todd managed Anheuser-Busch’s significant IP portfolio, advised on IP and advertising issues, and provided strategic guidance to the business on a variety of matters including M&A, sponsorship deals, innovations, and litigation. Todd also served on the non-fungible token (NFT) committee.
Todd is skilled at drafting a variety of IP, technology, software, entertainment, and sponsorship agreements, and as an adjunct professor at Washington University in St. Louis Law School teaches IP licensing and drafting. Todd had the privilege of serving as a research assistant to renowned copyright expert professor David Nimmer, while studying at UCLA Law School. Todd was a judicial extern to the Honorable Judge John A. Kronstadt in the District Court for the Central District of California. Todd graduated from UCLA Law with a specialization in Entertainment, Media & Intellectual Property.
- Managed Anheuser-Busch’s entire IP portfolio and directed IP strategy for all new brands, products, and innovations.
- Legal representative/advisor on Anheuser-Busch’s Non-Fungible Token (NFT) committee.
- Advised on multiple high profile and successful non-fungible token (NFT) executions.
- Advised and implemented legal strategies for development and protection of multiple software programs, apps, Ecommerce websites, and AI.
- Drafted and negotiated multiple software development, licensing, and SAAS, agreements on behalf of the world’s largest alcohol beverage company to leverage cutting edge analytics to move business forward.
- Directed legal aspects of feature-length documentaries and unscripted series, including production and sponsorship agreements, and IP rights clearance.
- Drafted agreements and managed rights clearance for documentary “Kings of Beer.”
- Drafted and negotiated multi-year co-promotion agreement between ABI and one of the world’s largest studios/streaming platforms.
- Drafted and negotiated corporate alliance, co-promotion, and product placement agreements between ABI and multiple production companies.
- Responsible for music licensing and all IP aspects of Anheuser-Busch’s branding and marketing campaigns including TV commercials and social media campaigns.
- Drafted and negotiated multi-year talent sponsorship deals with A-list talent and musicians.
- Drafted and negotiated IP aspects of advertising and sponsorship agreements including with networks, streaming, major sports leagues, players’ associations, teams, and athletes.
- Responsible for Anheuser-Busch’s IP defense and enforcement including oppositions and litigation, with many successful outcomes in high stakes disputes. Representative examples include:
- Pherah, LLC v. Anheuser-Busch, settled patent troll litigation on favorable terms.
- Black Crown, Inc. v. Anheuser-Busch, settled trademark infringement suit for $0.
- Patagonia, Inc. v. Anheuser-Busch, settled high profile trademark infringement suit on favorable terms.
- Led IP due diligence and strategy on M&A deals and integration of assets post acquisition. Representative examples include:
- Advised on acquisition of Swish Beverages/Yasss Queen, LLC (Babe Wines).
- Advised on acquisition of Cutwater Spirits.
- Advised on Labatt’s acquisition of craft distiller G&W.
- Advised on multi-billion-dollar restructuring.
- Advised and negotiated CACTI beverage J.V.
- Advised on $3 Billion sale of 49.9% of Metal Container Corporation and Eagle Packaging.
- Provided intellectual property guidance for multiple start-up companies including a company featured on the show “Shark Tank,” JOTTSHOTS!, and various social media related Apps.
- Provided strategies to a cannabis private equity fund to protect its branding and products.
- Defended company that sold tooth whitening products in trademark and patent litigation against one of the largest companies in the United States. Settled for zero dollars.
- Lead Associate for software company in copyright litigation. Obtained favorable verdict.
- Lead Associate for large sporting goods company in trademark litigation. Case settled favorably for client.
- Lead Associate for professional football league team in copyright litigation. Case settled favorably for client.
- Lead Associate for a large national insurance brokerage in trademark litigation.
- Directed legal aspects for multiple independent film productions, including a well-respected feature-length documentary, and web-series.
- Drafted production agreement for production of a multi-part film series.
- Drafted software development and services agreement on behalf of an asset management company for development of a bespoke software platform.
- Advised a private equity company on an asset purchase of a medical supply company.
- Advised private equity company on an asset purchase of a consumer electronics company.
- Advised private equity company in Series funding of a software company.
- Advised a multi-national corporation on IP aspects of global tax restructuring.
- Drafted MOU for athletic-wear company.
Shor Yoshuv Institute, BCH
UCLA School of Law, JD, with a specialization in Entertainment, Media, & IP
UCLA Entertainment Law Review, Submissions Editor
- New York