Alec Dussault helps public and private strategic operating companies and private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies successfully negotiate, document and complete mergers and acquisitions, carve-outs, joint ventures and other significant transactions. He also regularly counsels clients on governance and other general corporate matters.
Alec’s experience advising enterprises operating in a variety of regulated industries, including aerospace & defense, food & beverage, life sciences and clean energy, assists clients in navigating complex circumstances and achieving positive results. He maintains an active pro bono practice advising non-profits, including 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(6) organizations. Alec is passionate about team building and collaboration. He holds leadership positions within the Firm.
- The Boeing Company in its establishment of AEI HorizonX, a strategic partnership with AE Industrial Partners, LP, to invest in transformative aerospace technologies.
- The Boeing Company in connection with its investment in and commercial partnership with Aerion Corporation, a former designer and developer of supersonic aircraft.
- The Boeing Company in connection with the Chapter 11 Bankruptcy of ASTECH Engineered Products, a supplier of welded honeycomb metallic aerostructures, and its subsequent acquisition by Avem Partners.
- AAR Corp. in its acquisition of Avia-Dynamics Corp., a wholesale distributor of switches, relays and connectors for the aerospace and defense industry.
- Nestlé SA in the sale of its North American bottled water business to private equity firm One Rock Capital Partners LLC, valued at more than $4 billion.
- Nestlé SA in connection with U.S. law aspects of its acquisition of a majority stake in Grupo CRM, a premium chocolate manufacturer and franchise operator in Brazil.
- Nestlé Purina PetCare Company in connection with a minority investment in a leading fresh pet food brand.
- Nestlé SA’s Health Science business unit in the acquisition of the assets associated with Allergan plc’s gastrointestinal medication products Zenpep and Viokace for the treatment of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency.
- Luther King Capital Management in the sale of its Gexpro and TestEquity portfolio companies to Lawson Products, Inc. in exchange for Lawson common stock.
- Brookfield Infrastructure in the $4.1 billion sale of its wholly-owned North America district energy business, Enwave, through two separate transactions which were entered into simultaneously. Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan Board and IFM Investors acquired 100 percent of Enwave's Canadian business and QIC Limited and Ullico Inc. acquired 100 percent of Enwave's U.S. business.
- Global Atlantic Financial Group, an affiliate of KKR & Co. Inc., in the sale of all of the cash equity interests in a 1.17GW operating solar portfolio to Onward Energy, a U.S.-based energy company. The solar portfolio includes a total of 11 projects located across eight different U.S. states.
- KKR & Co. Inc. in its investment in an energy transition platform with Panamint Capital.
- KKR & Co. Inc. in its launch of Stellar Renewable Power, a platform that will source, develop and operate utility-scale solar plants and storage facilities.
- Core Specialty Insurance Holdings, Inc. in its acquisition of the medical stop loss business of American National Group.
New York University School of Law, JD
University of South Carolina, BA, cum laude
- New York