Noah Chung is an associate in the Real Estate practice in Mayer Brown's Hong Kong office.
Noah represents developers, investment managers and other institutional investors on acquisition and disposal of real properties in Hong Kong, as well as formation of joint ventures for property acquisition and development. He also advises financial institutions on real estate financing transactions, including acquisition and development loan transactions in Hong Kong, as well as onshore-offshore financing transactions involving properties located in the PRC.
Noah speaks English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Advising ESR Group Limited (HKEX Stock Code: 1821), the largest real asset manager in Asia Pacific, through its wholly-owned subsidiary, on the formation of a joint venture with Chinachem Group, with a total capital commitment from shareholders of up to HK$14 billion to develop a prime cold storage and logistics facility in Kwai Chung, Hong Kong.
- Advising Weave Living on the formation of a joint venture with LaSalle Investment Management and advised the joint venture on its acquisition and management of an en bloc apartment building at Robinson Road, a highly-coveted residential area in Hong Kong.
- Advising Kerry Holdings Limited on its HK$13.5 billion acquisition of the investment vehicles which own the whole or part(s) of 9 warehouses in Hong Kong.
- Advising a consortium led by Billion Development and Project Management Limited in its HK$10.48 billion acquisition of an investment vehicle which owns “Kowloonbay International Trade & Exhibition Centre” at 1 Trademart Drive, Kowloon, Hong Kong. This was the largest single-block office tower transaction by deal size in Hong Kong in 2021.
- Advising a subsidiary of investment funds managed by a leading global investment company and alternative asset manager on its HK$486 million acquisition of an investment vehicle which indirectly owns an industrial building known as “New Media Tower” at 82 Hung To Road, Hong Kong.
- Advising a subsidiary of investment funds managed by a leading global investment company and alternative asset manager on its HK$283 million acquisition of an investment vehicle which owns an industrial building known as “Yip’s Chemical Building” at 13 Yip Cheong Street, Hong Kong.
- Advising a syndicate of banks as lead Hong Kong counsel on USD 290 million offshore senior secured syndicated term loan facilities with accordion (green shoe option to increase commitment) and RMB 590 million onshore senior secured syndicated term loan facilities to provide refinancing on a portfolio basis for various high value logistics centers and warehouses in various cities of the PRC acquired and owned by a global PERE fund.
- Advising a syndicate of banks in relation to HK$5.29 billion senior secured financing relating to acquisition of a grade A office building in Hong Kong, which accommodated post-acquisition restructuring options at project level by way of strata title spin-off to various offshore holding companies.
- Advising a syndicate of banks in relation to the refinancing of senior secured acquisition loan in respect of the office building at 625 King's Road, Hong Kong by a leading PERE fund from Swire Properties Limited.
- Advising CMBI International Finance Limited as mandated lead arranger on a series of bridging loans in respect of Pre-IPO corporate restructuring and a syndicated Pre-IPO financing of PRC corporate group in connection with its IPO in HKEX.
The University of Hong Kong, PCLL
The University of Hong Kong, LLB
- Hong Kong