Jasmine Chiu is a senior associate of Mayer Brown. Jasmine has experience advising banks and financial institutions on real estate-related financing and other secured and unsecured lending transactions involving private companies, public listed companies and real estate investment trusts (REITs), local and international, including Hong Kong and Macau.
Jasmine also has experience on advising property developers and investors on acquisition and disposal of real properties in Hong Kong by way of sale and purchase of assets or shares in the property holding companies.
Jasmine speaks English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
- Advised a syndicate of banks in connection with HK$14.75 billion senior secured term loan financing for the acquisition of a portfolio of 17 Hong Kong shopping centres by a consortium led by Gaw Capital Partners from Link REIT; the underlying acquisition for approximately HK$23 billion is the biggest sale and purchase of its kind in Hong Kong
- Advised a syndicate of banks as leading Hong Kong counsel on HK$1,900 million and RMB950 million onshore/offshore secured term loan financings in relation to a real estate project development in Beijing, PRC
- Advising commercial banks on various simultaneous acquisition financings involving financial assistance (mortgage and other securities from Hong Kong target companies) and whitewash procedures as exception to financial assistance under Hong Kong Companies Ordinance
- Advised financial institutions on various syndicated or bilateral secured bank loans to local developers for financing land premium and construction costs for real estate development projects (including land exchange) in Hong Kong.
- Advised a syndicate of banks on a US$480 million secured loan for financing the acquisition of the hotel, InterContinental Hong Kong by way of acquiring the entire issued share capital in the holding company.
The University of Hong Kong, PCLL
King's College London, LLM, International Financial Law
The University of Nottingham, LLB, Hons
- Hong Kong