Jennifer Chih is a partner in the Corporate & Securities practice in Mayer Brown PK Wong & Nair Pte. Ltd.'s Singapore office. She has over 20 years of experience as a corporate lawyer. She has worked on a range of complex corporate and commercial matters, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity fund-raising, franchising, real estate transactions and joint ventures.
As to employment work, Jennifer is a highly respected and experienced employment and immigration lawyer who has spent a significant part of her career helping companies navigate the complex world of employment and immigration law. With a deep understanding of the law and policy, Jennifer has extensive experience handling a wide range of employment law matters, including compensation for wrongful termination disputes, complex work pass applications and appeals, non-compete agreements, workplace discrimination, drafting employee share option plans, Fair Consideration Framework watchlist matters, Central Provident Fund and Ministry of Manpower audits, amongst other things.
Jennifer is also an experienced negotiator and has successfully helped in the resolution of numerous employment disputes through mediation and other alternative dispute resolution methods, including the Employment Claims Tribunal. She understands that not all employment law matters can be resolved in the courtroom and is dedicated to helping her clients find a resolution that meets their unique needs.
General Corporate Law
- Represented public and private companies, venture capitals firms and multinational corporations in roles ranging from principal external counsel to local counsel for mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance-related projects.
- Advised the client in the negotiation of company and business sales and purchases, and transactions involving private equity fundraising.
- Advised clients in the liquidation and striking-off of Singapore incorporated companies.
Technology and Data Protection
- Advised various clients ranging from early stage start-ups to multinational corporations and foreign government agencies on data protection and technology law in collaboration with leading lawyers and technology professionals from across the region.
- Assisted companies with the conduct of comprehensive data protection compliance reviews and the formulation of their data protection policies and procedures.
- Advised clients on the management of data breaches and has represented them in the course of investigations conducted by Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Commission.
Employment and Labour Law
- Assisted both local and international companies on employee related matters prior to reorganisations. This includes assisting with employee terminations, as well as assisting with the necessary regulatory notifications.
- Advised local and foreign companies on issues pertaining to relocation of staff abroad or to inward to Singapore.
- Assisted clients in the setting up of Employee Share Ownership Plans for listed and private companies, and providing assistance for securing approvals from the relevant authorities.
- Assisted clients in the drafting of employment agreements and executive service agreements for company directors as well as employees of various levels.
- Assisted clients in the drafting of employee handbooks setting out internal human resource policies and processes for companies in various industries.
National University of Singapore, LLB
- Practitioner Certificate for Personal Data Protection (Singapore)