"Woody Chang is recommended [for medical malpractice work]."Asia Pacific Legal 500
Woody Chang is a partner of Mayer Brown focusing on all aspects of healthcare-related litigation and dispute resolution, including advising and representing hospitals, doctors and dentists in defending civil claims and handling complaints. He is experienced in representing doctors in defending criminal proceedings, including medical manslaughter, ICAC-related offences and indecent assault cases. He also advises hospitals on disciplinary matters.
Woody is experienced in representing and advising clients in Judicial Review cases, and in representing doctors and hospitals in death inquests as instructing solicitor and advocate.
In addition, Woody has extensive experience in advising and representing clients on general commercial litigation, banking litigation, property-related litigation, employment litigation and debt recovery.
Advised healthcare professionals on the inquiry conducted by the Hong Kong Legislative Council Select Committee (2003/2004) into the handling of the SARS outbreak.
Advised and represented clients in a successful Judicial Review application in which the court in Hong Kong held in 2006 that certain provisions restricting practice promotion in the Professional Code of Conduct for doctors were in breach of the Basic Law of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China.
Attorney Seminars And Presentations
City University of Hong Kong, LLB
1st Class Honours
City University of Hong Kong, PCLL
The Chinese University of Hong Kong, BSocSc
- England and Wales
- Hong Kong
- Honorary Legal Advisor, Hong Kong Medical Association
- Honorary Legal Advisor, Hong Kong College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Honorary Legal Advisor, Hong Kong Thoracic Society
- Honorary Legal Advisor, Hong Kong Lung Foundation
- Honorary Legal Advisor, CHEST Delegation Hong Kong and Macau Limited
- Member, Cluster Research Ethics Committee (CREC) of Kowloon West Cluster, Hospital Authority
- Member, Cluster Clinical Ethics Committee (CCEC) of Kowloon West Cluster, Hospital Authority
- Member, Ethics Committee of the Hong Kong College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Member, Ethics Committee of Union Hospital
- Member, Ethics Panel of Union Hospital Reproductive Medical Service
- Co-chairman, Community Involvement Committee of Mayer Brown
- "Woody Chang is recommended [for medical malpractice work]." - Asia Pacific Legal 500 (2003)