Christine W. Y. Chan
Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Real Estate, Real Estate Litigation
Christine is a senior associate in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution practice of Mayer Brown's Hong Kong office. She advises on commercial disputes, claims for banks, bankruptcy and liquidation-related litigation, adverse possession claims, tenancy disputes and PRC related disputes, with particular focus on banking and enforcement litigation as well as property litigation. Clients that Christine advises include reputable banks and financial institutions, property developers, liquidators, individuals, corporations as well as Mainland China enterprises.
Christine speaks English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Represented major banks in enforcing its securities and rights and successfully obtained necessary judgments/orders and recovering the debts from their customer through enforcement of the judgments/orders.
- Represented major banks, casinos and other creditors in mortgagee actions, charging order applications, garnishee application, bankruptcy and winding up proceedings.
- Represented banks in defending claims from vexatious litigants.
- Represented liquidators of the subsidiaries of a former listed company in a series of actions against their former directors for breach of directors' duties arising out of a series of sham transactions misappropriating the company's assets.
- Represented various landlords and major developers in tenancy disputes and successfully obtained necessary judgments/orders and recovering possession of leased properties from tenants through enforcement of the judgments/orders.
- Represented a vendor on a title dispute arising from an agreement for the sale and purchase of a property with a purchase price of HK$500 million.
- Represented land owners and corporations in advancing or defending adverse possession claims.
- Represented a co-owner of a building in an action for declaratory and injunctive relief against another co-owner in respect of alterations to and conversion of common parts of building.
- The University of Hong Kong, PCLL
- The University of Warwick, BA (Hons), Law and Business Studies
- Hong Kong
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member, Law Society of Hong Kong (2014 - Present)